U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 01:51 PM

503 posts, read 230,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
having now read up the entire topic - what does your Realtor say to do?

Mike, me, and the other Realtors can't say much further; it's our responsibility to NOT insert ourselves between you and your Realtor. I suppose it's OK for me to point out to otherr posters what I said before - "this is another negotiation"
You are not inserting yourselves, I reached out looking for opinions, nothing more. We ultimately have the responsibility to make the decision.

I appreciate the discussion remaining respectful though.

Our agent is giving us several ideas to respond ranging from nothing to percentages.

He represented himself to us as having experience selling rural properties, however he knew nothing about the permit transfers required for both the well (title company has that one) nor the septic system. He also told us he was a strong negotiator but from our side we aren't really seeing that. He has had so many questions coming to us through the agent and because I took care of all the administrative things relative to preparing this parcel as a legal building site, I have files that most people would never see. Long story but how many people do you know have written their own PUD and ODP? The pile of paperwork from Jeffco planning I have is amazing. I would have thought the title company could have taken care of it since everything is recorded but they were making mistakes and missing things... fortunately for the title folks, the soon to be mortgage holder and their buyers they have a complete picture and paper trails dating back to the original plat of the parcels here (Church Ranch) when the first subdivides began to happen.

We put our agent in the hot seat last night and asked him straight up what he as doing for us because we weren't seeing it. We are kinda sorta disappointed in him and if this falls through we will be letting him go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Both, and whatever works best in your favor depending on the situation, but mostly just to close the deal because jacking up the price doesn't insure the sale or guarantee a quick sale and the slight benefits of a slightly higher commission don't make a huge difference. I'm not claiming you never have the clients best interests at heart but it's not your money and you are not running a charity.
In this case we had a very specific number that we wanted to walk away with and even if we make a concession we will still reach that goal... unless the agent doesn't shut this BS down after this round.

That is another question, can they continue to do this over and over, whittling away? We asked the agent and he said he has to "be firm" with the buyer's agent. What does that even mean?

Old 06-13-2018, 02:01 PM

7,873 posts, read 6,209,527 times
"Please don't forget that we had other offers as well, and all were above asking price. We chose yours because the Buyers seemed the most reasonable. However, this way-out request is making my Sellers wonder if your Buyers really want to buy the house, are trying to re-open negotiations, or maybe you need to explain to them that this is such an odd, extra-ordinary and outside-contract request. I understand that you have to follow all the legal instructions that your Buyer gives you. But I need to make sure the Buyer understands how weird this request is"

Old 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM

3,871 posts, read 2,099,749 times
"I need to make sure the Buyer understands how weird this request is"

LOL... People who make weird requests almost never understand that their requests are weird.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
that's ridiculous, find another buyer.
Quote:
These buyers are going to be a problem, tell them thanks for the warning and you will pass on them.
Quote:
When someone makes a ridiculous request you tell them know and are glad you found out what kind of disgusting shysters they were
Quote:
no choice but to give in to his hostage like demands, plus the guy was a lawyer so he could have caused extra trouble for them.
Quote:
It's unreasonable and ridiculous to ask them to take care of plumbing
ed.note: this isn't even what was asked for.

Quote:
So you didn't accept the ridiculous request but suggest that these buyers do, sounds hypocritical.
Quote:
Ironic because they seem to be leeches.
Quote:
Thank you for this carefully considered answer Mike. Appreciated!
oh wait - that was the OP's response.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM

1,022 posts, read 294,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I haven't witnessed inspectors flat out lying.
But, I have seen exceptional ineptitude many times.
I worry more about incoherent reports and inexperience moreso than lying.

"At least where I am...."
Now, in areas where anyone can call themselves an inspector, with no licensing or qualifications, no background checks, I suppose it does open the door to all sorts of chicanery.
Thanks.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:

oh wait - that was the OP's response.
Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I haven't witnessed inspectors flat out lying.
For all intents and purposes I think what we witnessed last night about the roof condition was a complete lie. It was only when we produced another opinion and paper report from a licensed roof inspector that these people decided our allegedly unserviceable roof wasn't bad enough to state an objection on the form that we began to realize what we were dealing with.

We plan to sleep one more night on this, then give them our answers. The deadline is tomorrow.

Can someone experienced in this tell me if this buyer can continue to come back and nickel and dime us over and over again? I would like to put something in the response section (if we even agree to this to some degree, we still have not completely made up our minds) that signatures by all parties below will hereby agree to no further monetary negotiations from this point through closing of the sale.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:07 PM

what is in your contract? how large of a deposit did they put down that they DON'T get back after tomorrow?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,065,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Funny.

For all intents and purposes I think what we witnessed last night about the roof condition was a complete lie. It was only when we produced another opinion and paper report from a licensed roof inspector that these people decided our allegedly unserviceable roof wasn't bad enough to state an objection on the form that we began to realize what we were dealing with.

We plan to sleep one more night on this, then give them our answers. The deadline is tomorrow.

Can someone experienced in this tell me if this buyer can continue to come back and nickel and dime us over and over again? I would like to put something in the response section (if we even agree to this to some degree, we still have not completely made up our minds) that signatures by all parties below will hereby agree to no further monetary negotiations from this point through closing of the sale.
They shouldn't be able to. The repair negotiations are done during the buyers inspection period which should be written out in your contract. That is, it should tell you how many days they have to inspect. Where I am, once they have sent over the request they are done asking, but you should read the contract you have in hand. Every states is a bit different, but I have never heard of one yet where a buyer could just ask for things out of the blue whenever they want.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
what is in your contract? how large of a deposit did they put down that they DON'T get back after tomorrow?
They've got $10K down. There are stipulations/deadlines on their end of the inspection objection which for the buyers was yesterday, June 12. Our deadline to respond is tomorrow June 14 and that should end it (one would think). There are no other outs on the contract except for the line 141; 5.2 (12) clause written into all Colorado RE contracts that state the buyer is allowed a "loan objection"... 2binDenver can explain more about that I think, we've had it explained to us three times by three different brokers.... and I don't want to write something incorrectly here.

But, this objection isn't even related to the inspection technically, unless one takes the position that the leach field is too small for future improvements because an inspector told them so. We never advertised anything as developable or larger than what it is though, these people are just dreaming about how to make the house theirs at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or