U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 02:40 PM

503 posts, read 226,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
They shouldn't be able to. The repair negotiations are done during the buyers inspection period which should be written out in your contract.
Yes it is spelled out. They have asked to have the leach field inspection field report by June 18, but we will give it to them tomorrow June 14 when we respond with our counter... to satisfy that requirement. Other than that there is nothing else.

We just had a guy out here to buy our tractor and implements, he is closing sale on his old house tomorrow. He said he had a similar thing happen with his inspection, a few things that were brought up that did not exist. So apparently the scammers are taking advantage of the market here. Sellers (and buyers who depend on them to be truthful) beware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 03:30 PM

1,461 posts, read 331,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Our house is under contract, a home inspection was performed last week. Today we received the objections document but it has nothing to do with what currently exists on the property.

Our house is on a septic system. It has recently passed tank, pump and leach field inspections (required by the county so the use permit can be transferred to the new owner).

On the Inspection Objection document, the potential buyers are asking for us to allow some money back to them because at some point in the future they want to add more bedrooms and bathrooms in the currently unfinished basement. They obviously will need a larger leach field when they build it (if they do it).

Can someone explain to me what this has to do with an inspection? The current system is completely operational and has passed all inspections; it is the correct size/capacity for the current 3 bed/3bath home as it exists right now.

Your thoughts/comments/ideas on how to deal with this would be much appreciated please.
The inspection is to see if the system installed is proper for the existing house. It passed.

Inspection objections are not the correct place for a would-be buyer to ask for a price adjustment.

You're selling a house at a price that reflects what it is now. Not what it will be modified to become, by a new owner, in the future.

Tell your buyer's agent to take a hike for even allowing that to be put in the objections.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:52 PM

10,265 posts, read 6,495,798 times
When you move to SW florida and want to sell your house let me know, i would want you to build a runway in case I get a plane and also money to put in an indoor swimming pool but expand the square footage to make up for it thanks.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:53 PM

10,265 posts, read 6,495,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
The inspection is to see if the system installed is proper for the existing house. It passed.

Inspection objections are not the correct place for a would-be buyer to ask for a price adjustment.

You're selling a house at a price that reflects what it is now. Not what it will be modified to become, by a new owner, in the future.

Tell your buyer's agent to take a hike for even allowing that to be put in the objections.
When you put it that way their request is more absurd that they want you to improve your current property because they have future plans to turn the basement into living quarters.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:22 PM

13,741 posts, read 31,556,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
"Please don't forget that we had other offers as well, and all were above asking price. We chose yours because the Buyers seemed the most reasonable. However, this way-out request is making my Sellers wonder if your Buyers really want to buy the house, are trying to re-open negotiations, or maybe you need to explain to them that this is such an odd, extra-ordinary and outside-contract request. I understand that you have to follow all the legal instructions that your Buyer gives you. But I need to make sure the Buyer understands how weird this request is"
This is the kind of conversation I would expect my listing agent to be having with the buyer agent.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:37 PM

31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
"Please don't forget that we had other offers as well, and all were above asking price. We chose yours because the Buyers seemed the most reasonable. However, this way-out request is making my Sellers wonder if your Buyers really want to buy the house, are trying to re-open negotiations, or maybe you need to explain to them that this is such an odd, extra-ordinary and outside-contract request. I understand that you have to follow all the legal instructions that your Buyer gives you. But I need to make sure the Buyer understands how weird this request is"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
This is the kind of conversation I would expect my listing agent to be having with the buyer agent.
But, if you go All-Out R.E. Testosterone and thump your chest and howl at the moon, screeching, "Hit the Road, Loser!" to impress people how much you are not to be trifled with, you don't need to have adult conversations with other people.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:43 PM

503 posts, read 226,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
When you move to SW florida and want to sell your house let me know, i would want you to build a runway in case I get a plane and also money to put in an indoor swimming pool but expand the square footage to make up for it thanks.
lols. No problem.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 PM

1,461 posts, read 331,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
But, if you go All-Out R.E. Testosterone and thump your chest and howl at the moon, screeching, "Hit the Road, Loser!" to impress people how much you are not to be trifled with, you don't need to have adult conversations with other people.

Spoken like a true REALTOR®!

Pleased to meet you, neighbor. I'm in the triangle as well. In a different thread, I remarked that when faced with a decision, it's funny how people's process of elimination is to bluff, and then escalate into belligerence.

Sometimes being blessed with plenty brings the worst out in individuals. I'm sure your communication with the other party's agent is often heavily redacted from some of the client verbatims you've heard.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,440,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Our house is under contract, a home inspection was performed last week. Today we received the objections document but it has nothing to do with what currently exists on the property.

Our house is on a septic system. It has recently passed tank, pump and leach field inspections (required by the county so the use permit can be transferred to the new owner).

On the Inspection Objection document, the potential buyers are asking for us to allow some money back to them because at some point in the future they want to add more bedrooms and bathrooms in the currently unfinished basement. They obviously will need a larger leach field when they build it (if they do it).

Can someone explain to me what this has to do with an inspection? The current system is completely operational and has passed all inspections; it is the correct size/capacity for the current 3 bed/3bath home as it exists right now.

Your thoughts/comments/ideas on how to deal with this would be much appreciated please.
Seriously?? That is so bizarre to me.

I kind of wonder if they are simply trying to get out of the contract by making such a bizarre demand. I think people in general worry about septic tanks.....if they have no experience with them.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:54 AM

31,594 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Spoken like a true REALTOR®!

Pleased to meet you, neighbor. I'm in the triangle as well. In a different thread, I remarked that when faced with a decision, it's funny how people's process of elimination is to bluff, and then escalate into belligerence.

Sometimes being blessed with plenty brings the worst out in individuals. I'm sure your communication with the other party's agent is often heavily redacted from some of the client verbatims you've heard.

"Bluff. Belligerate. Bomb!"
"BBB: A novel three step game plan for not selling property!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or