U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-14-2018, 10:30 AM
 
Location: 33950-bound
503 posts, read 226,616 times
Reputation: 779

Advertisements

Thanks so much everyone again, your opinions have been useful if not entertaining also.

We've responded non-emotionally and appropriately and are waiting for the response. Deadline for us to have done that is today. We have had no actual requests on the Objection form to address/fix anything from the inspection at all otherwise (they had til June 12 to get that done). Now we have a roofing inspection report as well as passing inspections (that we have footed the bill for) on the entire sewer system, radon, mold... and we've made it clear we will no longer negotiate.

House selling is such a pain in the arse... nothing is ever simple.

Again, appreciate the feedback.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Status: " ." (set 2 days ago)
 
548 posts, read 803,033 times
Reputation: 549
How much is their earnest money?? Say no and if they do not proceed with the sales within 72hrs the earnest money is forfeit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 01:55 PM
 
Location: 33950-bound
503 posts, read 226,616 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming95 View Post
How much is their earnest money?? Say no and if they do not proceed with the sales within 72hrs the earnest money is forfeit.
$10K earnest down

Contract has specific dates which are ending today. We cannot take the path you suggest, nice as that would be...

We have been in discussion, the agents have our decision... we will know which way this is going to go by this evening.

Pretty goofy stuff though... using the inspection objection document to ask us to give them front money for a future expansion is pretty lame. They should have just said at time of the offer, we'd like to add 2 bedrooms in the basement and our contractor says we need X money to get that done. Would you take X money for the sale of your house? They way they went around doing this speaks volumes to us. It also tells us there is nothing of consequence from their home inspection.

'S okay... we know we can sell it, just pissed to have wasted time on these people.

Thx lemming...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 03:22 PM
 
1,461 posts, read 331,260 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
$10K earnest down

Contract has specific dates which are ending today. We cannot take the path you suggest, nice as that would be...

We have been in discussion, the agents have our decision... we will know which way this is going to go by this evening.

Pretty goofy stuff though... using the inspection objection document to ask us to give them front money for a future expansion is pretty lame. They should have just said at time of the offer, we'd like to add 2 bedrooms in the basement and our contractor says we need X money to get that done. Would you take X money for the sale of your house? They way they went around doing this speaks volumes to us. It also tells us there is nothing of consequence from their home inspection.

'S okay... we know we can sell it, just pissed to have wasted time on these people.

Thx lemming...
Seems that the prospective buyers are placing a calculated bet, bluffing with earnest, and entering an immediate objection to the inspection to buy themselves a way out if they can't secure the deal they want.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:11 PM
 
595 posts, read 376,554 times
Reputation: 1021
You chose to go with the highest and what you thought, best offer. Doesn't seem to be working out that way, though you are still within your negotiation timeline and have stated your net is still what you wanted.

Can you have your agent reach out to the second best offer and see if those buyers are still interested, as back up?

Highest offer doesn't always equate to best offer.

All the best, hopefully it's resolved today.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:13 PM
 
Location: 33950-bound
503 posts, read 226,616 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Seems that the prospective buyers are placing a calculated bet, bluffing with earnest, and entering an immediate objection to the inspection to buy themselves a way out if they can't secure the deal they want.
But here's the thing ddm2k... their objection has nothing to do with the septic inspection. The system itself has no problems (their agent says it "passed with flying colors", all of which has been verified by a second set of county-licensed contractors who have submitted their results to the health department.

Yet they are using the very document that supposedly applies only to items in their inspection report that should be remedied.

So technically they have nothing to object to and not abiding by the contract. This means they cannot buy themselves out of it.

Eh, we will know when we know.

If by some miracle this sale goes forward we plan to sign everything electronically, we don't even want to be at the closing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:15 PM
 
Location: 33950-bound
503 posts, read 226,616 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
You chose to go with the highest and what you thought, best offer. Doesn't seem to be working out that way, though you are still within your negotiation timeline and have stated your net is still what you wanted.

Can you have your agent reach out to the second best offer and see if those buyers are still interested, as back up?

Highest offer doesn't always equate to best offer.

All the best, hopefully it's resolved today.
Thank you photogal, yes agent contacted them and they are still interested but hesitant. No guarantees. The current "buyers" are aware of it I guess.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Northern panhandle WV
2,250 posts, read 1,745,861 times
Reputation: 4553
Hope it goes for the best either way, good luck.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:24 PM
 
1,461 posts, read 331,260 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
But here's the thing ddm2k... their objection has nothing to do with the septic inspection. The system itself has no problems (their agent says it "passed with flying colors", all of which has been verified by a second set of county-licensed contractors who have submitted their results to the health department.

Yet they are using the very document that supposedly applies only to items in their inspection report that should be remedied.

So technically they have nothing to object to and not abiding by the contract. This means they cannot buy themselves out of it.

Eh, we will know when we know.

If by some miracle this sale goes forward we plan to sign everything electronically, we don't even want to be at the closing.
I'm with you.

I understand their request was misplaced. I submitted a response detailing this prior in the thread.

I just see a lot of this as "trolling for a discount"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2018, 04:31 PM
 
Location: 33950-bound
503 posts, read 226,616 times
Reputation: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I'm with you.

I understand their request was misplaced. I submitted a response detailing this prior in the thread.

I just see a lot of this as "trolling for a discount"
I can't give you any more reputation thumbs ups... yes I saw it.

+++

I'll report back and let you all know how this goes. If anything, it's a good lesson for at least someone else out there at some point...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top