U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 11:14 AM

1,328 posts, read 701,922 times

Advertisements

Just 40 seconds in I felt like I was being forced to watch "my friend's, uncle's, brother's vacation video. Not interested at all. I'm sure it was entertaining, but only to those who made the video...

I don't like Matterport for house hunting. It's like trying to "google street view" the house, takes too long and could be more user friendly.

Clear, non fish eye, non photo shopped, photos are the best. If I like the house after seeing pics, I would probably watch a short 3 minute "ish" video as long as it was just of the house and yard. I don't need or want to hear or see people in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 11:16 AM

3,672 posts, read 5,783,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwick View Post
I hate watching any videos online. I'd rather read about it and see pictures (that goes for everything such as news, not just houses). So the video wouldn't entice me. I didn't even click on it to watch it here.
Iím the same way

Old 06-24-2018, 12:09 PM

630 posts, read 319,241 times
I have no interest in watching a real estate video that meanders along for 15 minutes. I can determine from pictures in 30 seconds whether a house is interesting enough to warrant further investigation, googling location and birds eye view of the property, or making an appointment to see the property etc. I won’t even watch a virtual tour if pictures are available. Virtual tours are frequently out of proportion, like I’m viewing the house through a fishbowl, and it’s harder to determine room dimensions than from a photo. I prefer a concise description of the house details with particular attention to any updates and improvements. I prefer to view decent quality photos that I can skim through or zoom in on depending on what I’m looking for in a house or property.

That said, if there was a professional, concise 1-2 minute video format that listing agents would follow, like a combo of MLS listing and video tour (minus the fishbowl view), then I’d watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or