Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 76,500,303 times

Advertisements

Ouch.
I need a shower now.

This is a good reference for people who value listing agents who brag about their low DOM and CDOM. "Days on Market" and "Cumulative Days on Market."
Similar manipulations in other markets is not at all unusual.
These folks just took it to a whole 'nother level.
What a stink...
When you value results over integrity, i.e., "It works," you expose yourself to splatter from this sort of corruption. If they will readily and routinely lie to their peers and to the entire market, why would you ever believe they might accidentally be honest with you?

South Beach Realtor guilty of extorting 'The Jills' | Miami Herald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 07:12 AM

10,886 posts, read 21,841,699 times
I read that the other day. They all 3 sound like scumbags to me.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I read that the other day. They all 3 sound like scumbags to me.
Very very popular scumbags, it would seem...
Toxic, too.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,622,573 times
Yes all 3 are wrong but extortion is a serious crime, obviously, now that he's in jail.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:54 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,967,565 times
Doesn't seem to indicate what will happen with the Jills... shouldn't there be consequences for what they did? I mean, who's buying the "we didn't know" routine?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Doesn't seem to indicate what will happen with the Jills... shouldn't there be consequences for what they did? I mean, who's buying the "we didn't know" routine?
MLS rules are a private agreement.
It will be just awful if the MLS Data Integrity folks don't penalize them, and MIAMI Association of Realtors doesn't discipline them.
To the maximum from both. This high profile mess just stains both bodies immensely.

So, they claim an associate did the dirty work?
Meh.
The buck stops at the top.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 AM

1,046 posts, read 749,811 times
Quote:
Wondering that too. At least it's out there now.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,967,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
MLS rules are a private agreement.
It will be just awful if the MLS Data Integrity folks don't penalize them, and MIAMI Association of Realtors doesn't discipline them.
To the maximum from both. This high profile mess just stains both bodies immensely.

So, they claim an associate did the dirty work?
Meh.
The buck stops at the top.
Totally agree, that's why this whole thing smells like them attempting to deflect to scum$#@! #1 to cover for their indiscretions... Let's see if the level of Integrity we all hope exists, really does. What they did may not be as bad as extortion (jail time), but past, present, and future customers should know how they run their business and the BS stats they brag about.

I do wonder how severe the discipline can be... for me (layman), this seems to border on losing your RE license due to betraying trust.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Totally agree, that's why this whole thing smells like them attempting to deflect to scum$#@! #1 to cover for their indiscretions... Let's see if the level of Integrity we all hope exists, really does. What they did may not be as bad as extortion (jail time), but past, present, and future customers should know how they run their business and the BS stats they brag about.

I do wonder how severe the discipline can be... for me (layman), this seems to border on losing your RE license due to betraying trust.
No argument here.

Side note:
As of January 1, 2019, the NAR Code Of Ethics will have an additional proviso.
Any member with a violation of the COE, 2 times in 3 years, will have their record publicized.

It is not much, but it is better than where we are.
And this little Miami Peccadillo should be foundation for multiple cases, methinks.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,111,981 times
I'm shocked. Agents manipulating MLS data. Never. Next you're gonna tell me they routinely lie about multiple offers or hold open houses hoping to find new buyer clients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate