U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:11 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,009,104 times

Advertisements

Scum for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:37 AM

6,964 posts, read 5,183,151 times
And the funny thing is, I bet the most successful luxury realtors, even in South Beach where image is everything, hardly hang a shingle at their office, and certainly aren't on TV.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:55 PM

8,139 posts, read 7,463,231 times
I'm shocked.....said no one in South Florida EVER.

South Florida is one of the most crooked, shady places on the planet.

The Jills are manipulating the market, Kevin called them on it and blackmailed them.

Hopefully the Jills will lose their licenses over this.

I have the Miami-Dade MLS (my South Florida MLS covers Palm Beach through Monroe counties).

If you are interested in taking a look, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Realtors app is directly our MLS.

It is SoFlo MLS.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
And the funny thing is, I bet the most successful luxury realtors, even in South Beach where image is everything, hardly hang a shingle at their office, and certainly aren't on TV.
Nope, they are all on TV.

My friend just sold Paul Schaffer's condo in Miami Beach (David Letterman's band leader) and was offered a reality show. No Miami realtor is low key.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM

710 posts, read 395,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It is SoFlo MLS.
Do I need to be a realtor to view that on my computer? I can see homes on an app on my phone but when I go online on my computer it wants a logon. Can you say what the link address is?

Old 06-27-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Do I need to be a realtor to view that on my computer? I can see homes on an app on my phone but when I go online on my computer it wants a logon. Can you say what the link address is?
I only use it on my phone so I don't know about the home login.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:31 PM

7,742 posts, read 6,110,007 times
I heard a story a while back about shenanigans with listing data in Miami. I don't remember it involving extortion though. Just manipulation of data and making false advertising claims I thought.

Either way, yes they are all unethical. He's the worst, since he tried to blackmail them. He should have just let his complaint play out. Of course, I doubt they'd have paid anything near the penalty they deserved.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:06 AM

8,844 posts, read 17,437,561 times
Agents lie about their production everywhere. It's a shame people can't just stand on their actual results. In my market we must have 100 #1 agents and teams. Even if it's not entirely accurate I must say that is one good thing about Zillow is the public has a way to do some research on reviews and transaction history. I hate the way the weak and new agents are protected from the public finding out their actual sales data by MLS rules and maybe the CoE.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:24 AM

31,591 posts, read 55,295,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Agents lie about their production everywhere. It's a shame people can't just stand on their actual results. In my market we must have 100 #1 agents and teams. Even if it's not entirely accurate I must say that is one good thing about Zillow is the public has a way to do some research on reviews and transaction history. I hate the way the weak and new agents are protected from the public finding out their actual sales data by MLS rules and maybe the CoE.
Volume is nearly meaningless.

Too many agents who do 20 transactions annually are superior to agents/rainmakers doing 200.

I treasure referrals, and never ask for testimonials or on line reviews. My job is to serve, not to brag or to beg for bragging rights.
My Z profile states:

"Independent Real Estate Broker for over 5 years after 7 years with a national franchise firm.
I don't add closed sales to Zillow.
I don't pester clients for testimonials. I would rather serve my clients and let them live productively with that time.
Call me. Let's chat about real estate. In person. Unscripted. For real."

When I do business with the 7th or 8th person tracked in line from one referral source, or help a client for a 4th, 5th, or 6th time, that is all the validation I need.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:23 AM

8,844 posts, read 17,437,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Volume is nearly meaningless.

Too many agents who do 20 transactions annually are superior to agents/rainmakers doing 200.

I treasure referrals, and never ask for testimonials or on line reviews. My job is to serve, not to brag or to beg for bragging rights.
My Z profile states:

"Independent Real Estate Broker for over 5 years after 7 years with a national franchise firm.
I don't add closed sales to Zillow.
I don't pester clients for testimonials. I would rather serve my clients and let them live productively with that time.
Call me. Let's chat about real estate. In person. Unscripted. For real."

When I do business with the 7th or 8th person tracked in line from one referral source, or help a client for a 4th, 5th, or 6th time, that is all the validation I need.
You're not wrong, but public perception matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate