U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 07:08 PM

741 posts, read 549,387 times

Advertisements

Most deed templates cost money, I want to make 1 Quit Claim Deed, anybody know a website thats the price pretty reasonable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 09:01 PM

7,781 posts, read 6,136,961 times
what's the value of the asset involved, and why wouldn't that be worth $500 or less to you to get it right?

Old 06-30-2018, 05:14 AM

3,120 posts, read 5,755,896 times
If you use a "Cheap" internet site and something goes wrong, it will cost you even more to fix it. Is that really worth it to you? Some things are better left to the professionals even if there is an additional cost.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 AM

31,645 posts, read 55,374,605 times
If I wanted to do it cheap and wrong, I would peruse the Register of Deeds website for QC deeds, and knock off some language in one of them that would suit my desires.

If I wanted to do it cheap and wrong....

I am not recommending that anyone else should do it cheap and wrong.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 AM

5,876 posts, read 7,102,555 times
Call a local title company. They probably have the correct form for your area and will sell you a copy cheaply. Some title companies offer FSBO services. Look for one of those.

At the very least you will know you're getting the correct form for you state.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:25 AM

964 posts, read 399,440 times
Registry of deeds Most places have theirs online.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:13 AM

16,704 posts, read 18,930,553 times
I made a quit claim deed by browsing the internet and then giving it the the lady... she then asked me to also add in parcel numbers, blah, blah, into it and had to redo it slightly to add it in... then she processed it... I did it last year and can't remember where I saw the template... I bet the free template I used was no better than the pay templates they had in the internet... In addition to the deed, I had to complete a form as well... just ask the people down at the department for what is required and info needs to be on the deed and adjust the template as needed...

Old 06-30-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I made a quit claim deed by browsing the internet and then giving it the the lady... she then asked me to also add in parcel numbers, blah, blah, into it and had to redo it slightly to add it in... then she processed it... I did it last year and can't remember where I saw the template... I bet the free template I used was no better than the pay templates they had in the internet... In addition to the deed, I had to complete a form as well... just ask the people down at the department for what is required and info needs to be on the deed and adjust the template as needed...

Did you type the deed yourself?

Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Call a local title company. They probably have the correct form for your area and will sell you a copy cheaply. Some title companies offer FSBO services. Look for one of those.

At the very least you will know you're getting the correct form for you state.

Thanks for the suggestion about the title company..I didn't even know they had forms

Old 06-30-2018, 09:15 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,150,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
Most deed templates cost money, I want to make 1 Quit Claim Deed, anybody know a website thats the price pretty reasonable?

In September of 2016, I had a purchaser that was making monthly payments finally pay off the house I sold on a land contract to them 5 years earlier.

I contacted a closing company in the same county as the house, and they created a WARRANTY DEED for $50. It cost $30 more to register it at the county deeds office.

For that price, why bother with a Quit Claim deed, which is really worth NOTHING, and guarantee's NOTHING, not even that YOU have any sort of ownership interest in that property at all.

I can create a Quit Claim deed for the Bay Bridge, and it would be just as valid, as it only conveys "whatever" ownership interest I "may have" (even if NONE).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate