Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:47 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,432,146 times

Advertisements

If you have an agent, why go on websites and meet other agents. Make your agent work for you. I always ask if people have agents when they call about a property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 11:06 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You call your current agent and have them show you the property. The listing agent is trying to go for procuring cause, but talk to your agent and let your agent handle that issue. Every state has some case law on procuring cause disputes, but one of the criteria is an unbroken chain of events that lead to the sale of a home.

Don't be bullied and use your own agent. Tell them what is going on and let them handle it.

Buyer seems to be in Sun City, AZ 85351

Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I always ask if they are represented or plan to be represented by another agent. I had a similar situation happen to me as well, early in my real estate career, and decided I didn't want to spend my weekends showing properties to the clients of other agents.
I did...at first contact at open house and was told no.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Beyond the question of who gets paid there is the fact that the listing agent can't force the buyer to forgo representation. Even suggesting that they can't might violate the Code of Ethics.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:09 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
All the agents on the thread shared the same opinion and advice.

Of course there are good, bad, average, ethical, and unethical people in all jobs and locations. Why do you feel this shows real estate to be fractured?

By the way, an agent you once suggested in a former thread as a good "discounter" because he always runs his 1% commission ad in the newspaper was recently arrested for criminal activity. I think, but I'm not certain, the charges were fraud, embezzlement, and forgery. Most of the veteran agents in my market already knew what kind of person he is. I hope the REC revokes his license after his court date but I don't really have that much faith in them.
Please show me the post where I recommended the agent versus posted it for conversation purposes?

Old 07-26-2018, 08:11 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
When you publicly state you love unethical behavior you are really showing your true colors.
Please show me a post where I suggested one use/accept unethical behaviour?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:21 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,919,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I am loving this, Agent against agent. Shows how fractured that whole business is.
Not sure how you came up with this. Many industries have a bad apple, just as I am sure your chosen field has its fair share of cuckoos.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:16 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Please show me the post where I recommended the agent versus posted it for conversation purposes?
Fair point. As it turns out he just had a hearing for the REC with 6 charges by 6 different people over a 12 month period or so and they gave him a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure what you have to do to lose your license at this point. The only one I know of was the serial killer in the upstate, I think they revoked his license.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:19 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Fair point. As it turns out he just had a hearing for the REC with 6 charges by 6 different people over a 12 month period or so and they gave him a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure what you have to do to lose your license at this point. The only one I know of was the serial killer in the upstate, I think they revoked his license.
that's where the state boards are letting consumers, and the other agents, down. and the NAR should be so much more focused on quality of Realtors, not quantity.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:49 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondoman View Post
I am working with a real-estate agent to find a house to buy. We recently found a house on our own thru Zillow and called the listing agent for a showing. We did this without our current agent. At the showing, I told the listing agent that I was working with my own agent and wanted to include her in any further actions. He told me since I called him on my own my current agent is out of the picture. I disagree and need a ruling on what is the proper protocol regarding this.

Unless you have a signed buyers contract with a agent you’re usually free to use whoever you want. In Ca you can use any agent you want. You can go see a house on your own and use the listing agent without having your agent there or even use them.

It’s very bad form to have representation and not use them or go with someone else. Usually when a buyers agent shows a house he’s the representation for the buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate