Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 10:49 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times

Advertisements

We buy them at Amazon... Guessing any hardware store will have them because many contractors use them.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Po.../dp/B000ICKO88
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 11:04 AM

3,546 posts, read 3,114,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We buy them at Amazon... Guessing any hardware store will have them because many contractors use them.

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Po.../dp/B000ICKO88

You know what, I'll bet my realtor has them, too. I'll ask her.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
You know what, I'll bet my realtor has them, too. I'll ask her.

She should! That's one of the things we're there for

Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
I don't think rain, unless you're talking about hurricanes, will impact people's plans to see houses much. Most people make appointments several days in advance. They are not likely to change them because of rain.

Snowstorms and ice--sure, that might change plans.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:37 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I don't think rain, unless you're talking about hurricanes, will impact people's plans to see houses much. Most people make appointments several days in advance. They are not likely to change them because of rain.

Snowstorms and ice--sure, that might change plans.
Uh- depends on where you live. In Florida, people might change since there are often downpours. I know when I was trying to sell my home, my realtor told me she was showing a home during a tornado warning and they had to hide in a garage. She was affiliated with a brokerage that was affiliated with a country club and while that particular area did get more people who came out specifically to see homes, I was on the decidedly budget end of the price range in the area and we had a lot of night before or same-day showings that got canceled due to poor weather.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:08 PM

One good thing about our house is it doesn't get big puddles or have drainage issues. So the rain might be doing us a favor, making us look good when compared to other houses that have all the bells and whistles but don't have good drainage.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:49 PM

I went ahead and bought the booties, just to be prepared. Which means I've probably guaranteed my realtor had every intention of putting them out, too, but better to be prepared than to have no booties when you need 'em.

And I put the chair by the door, which means it probably won't rain now, LOL. But again, be prepared.

I'd have made a good boy scout!

Old 08-31-2018, 02:06 PM

496 posts, read 411,651 times
I like to look at a house after it's been raining a while, just to see if there are any rain related issues.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I went ahead and bought the booties, just to be prepared. Which means I've probably guaranteed my realtor had every intention of putting them out, too, but better to be prepared than to have no booties when you need 'em.

And I put the chair by the door, which means it probably won't rain now, LOL. But again, be prepared.

I'd have made a good boy scout!

Good luck! I hope it sells fast for you, rain or shine! Keep us posted!

Old 09-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Good luck! I hope it sells fast for you, rain or shine! Keep us posted!

Thanks, me too!

One surprise that came up was my realtor didn't end up liking the bench idea. I thought it was smart, myself. I can totally see that a little bench would make it easier, and keeping potential buyers happy strikes me as a good idea. But she is concerned it would distract from the open concept view you get when you first open the door. (plus the bench I offered to use is from IKEA, which I guess sends a message she didn;t think we should send, LOL). I sort of understand, but I can't say I agree. But I do know the smart thing to do is trust the realtor and figure she knows her job and has dealt with rain before. We do have mats, a little sign and the booties so I guess that's enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate