Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,107,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
Those are probably the best pictures that I have seen on a house for sale. Nice job!
If you download the photo and check the EXIF data, it shows that the shot was taken at wide-angle with a 2005 Nikon D70s camera. That's a pretty pricey model if you're not a pro or serious amateur (street price $1100 new, apparently), but a quick survey on DP Review finds many wide-angle cameras under $400 that are rated highly enough to suit this purpose, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 07:29 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,463 times
I feel the more pictures the better IF they are good ones! I don't want to see your flower arrangement on the table I want to see your home, every room of it and the front and back yard.As a buyer however a picture that is to dark to see anything does me no good at all. It is very important to me to see all I can because I live in a different state than where I am planning on buying. If you don't have pictures I pass the house by because it tells me nothing.
The thing that really gets to me is if you have a Realtor who doesn't post pictures of your home on Realtor.com then they should post pictures of your home on their web site. If they don't do that they are not doing their job for you as far as I am concerned and to me they are not that interested in selling a home IMHO.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:51 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
I personally like photos. I and probably most people wanted to see the kitchen before I would even think about looking at the house. I hate when Realtors leave that picture out. I also want to see the bathrooms or finished basement and the backyard and of course the family room. I also like the ones but you don't see it too often that shows the back of the house from the back yard. I look at the pictures of the bedrooms but to be honest there are a lot of them that are showcasing a piece of furniture oppose the room.

Also, my main concern is with the family room, kitchen and size of bedrooms, it frustrates me when these size dimensions are not included with listing. Pictures give me an idea if I am interested but if the size isn't there than why waste anyone's time looking at the home. You can have a 1500 sq ft. home that utilizes the room well or a 2200 sq ft. home that is chopped and doesn't appear bigger.

So I would say yes to more well taken photo's. I think it really gives an idea if someone wants to see it.

Oh, I remember the day when the realtor would pull listings off their computer with only the picture of the front of the house (if you were lucky) and it sounded so good on paper and when you went to the house it was a big let down.

DITTO!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM

328 posts, read 1,196,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
Realtor.com just updated their site to allow for MORE photos - 25! My question is for Non-Agents:

What do you think about all the extra photos? Is it a case of "you can never have too many photos"? Or do you find having to look at Set 1, Set 2, and Set 3 a pain? Would you rather just look at one page of photos and be done with it?

I'm really torn. I've added extra photos (about 10-12) on my Realtor.com listings, but I'm not sure if that's too many or not enough?

Opinions please! I want to give the audience what they want.
We feel the more pictures the better.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:37 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan85 View Post
I think Quality is still better than Quantity.
My house was on the market for no more than 24 hours, the buyer was looking to buy a house in my area, saw the house on MLS and it was sold after he look through the pics.
My agent hired a prof. photographer to take the pics as part of his service. We have 7 showing in less than 24 hours and afetr the house was conditional sold, my agent told me that we have buyers waitting inline to buy the house
The house show 100 times better in pics:
Image gallery (http://tours.advirtours.com/tours/10/66/106602/images/gallery.html - broken link)

You can see that the photos were taking by a prof. photographer. He used the correct angles and so got the floor and ceilings into the shot as well as the entire room.
The photos are excellent and I loved the house!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,390 times
What I can't stand is a bunch of pics of the outside and no interior shots. I always dismiss the ones without interior shots as to me that is a dead giveaway that the inside is a mess or better yet, how about the pictures of house with the kitchens and the sink piled high with dirty dishes or beer bottles littering the counter? Those houses do not get my time at all.
So more pics but quality ones please.
Pam

Old 04-06-2008, 05:53 PM

60 posts, read 207,306 times
Wow, good for realtor.com. The option for more photos is always nice. Most homes I list don't have 25 good angles though.

It will be useful for some of the bigger higher-end properties.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,821,640 times
I like to see a lot of good pictures but mostly of entire rooms and definitely including some of the back yard, too. I dislike pictures of small details (like a single flower in a garden) that are more artsy and not helpful in assisting me to envision the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate