U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 11:43 AM

3,925 posts, read 2,127,025 times

Advertisements

OK - if there's more, then there's more... but so far, I think you're nervous without giving cause, and nothing we can say will fix that.

The loan will NOT be funded before signing. Funding and recording happen AFTER signing by both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 11:44 AM

31,754 posts, read 55,659,689 times
I look at it this way:
If they are selling the furniture, it is EASIER for them to vacate.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM

1,534 posts, read 594,253 times
Loans are not funded before signing. In tx for example if both parties sign in the morning, it will normally fund in afternoon. If one of the parties signs after around 2, it wont fund until around 10-1 the next day. Depends on the lender buyers use. Cash deals fund the same day.
Your seller just needs to be out by the exact time it funds, if there isnt anything contrary to that in contract.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM

2,332 posts, read 1,786,978 times
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:57 PM

5,613 posts, read 4,199,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Good questions. I left some stuff out.

Yes, we are supposed to get possession at closing but apparently it's delayed a day after we sign everything. I don't fully understand it. I will call my agent today.

My worry is based on the fact that I work from home, too. So I'm familiar with the stresses and the difficulty of just picking everything up and leaving, as well as the unwillingness to do so. These people are very nice (yes, I've met them) but they don't seem to be able to disengage from their business for very long. I had one twenty-minute tour of the place. They were both there and working during that time. They couldn't take a half-hour to vacate the premises so that a highly-qualified buyer could see the place?

There's also the fact that since most of the furniture is still there, it will be tempting to linger.

The sellers know we are coming from quite a ways away; they may have guessed that we need to return promptly after this business is concluded. If the moving-out process is not going as quickly as planned, they may be thinking that it wouldn't hurt to try to stay longer since the house will be unoccupied after we take possession.

Yes, I'm worried.
If they ask to rent back, just say No. If you’re worried about them returning anyway, arrange for a locksmith to meet you right after closing to change the locks. You should do that anyway and even moreso given your concerns.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM

6,160 posts, read 3,371,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Good questions. I left some stuff out.

Yes, we are supposed to get possession at closing but apparently it's delayed a day after we sign everything. I don't fully understand it. I will call my agent today.

My worry is based on the fact that I work from home, too. So I'm familiar with the stresses and the difficulty of just picking everything up and leaving, as well as the unwillingness to do so. These people are very nice (yes, I've met them) but they don't seem to be able to disengage from their business for very long. I had one twenty-minute tour of the place. They were both there and working during that time. They couldn't take a half-hour to vacate the premises so that a highly-qualified buyer could see the place?

There's also the fact that since most of the furniture is still there, it will be tempting to linger.

The sellers know we are coming from quite a ways away; they may have guessed that we need to return promptly after this business is concluded. If the moving-out process is not going as quickly as planned, they may be thinking that it wouldn't hurt to try to stay longer since the house will be unoccupied after we take possession.

Yes, I'm worried.
In the absence of any other reason to fear the sellers will not comply with the contract do you also fear aliens will land on the roof and take the house as their own? That would probably create a larger problem and one only slightly less likely.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:34 PM

4,214 posts, read 2,205,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I look at it this way:
If they are selling the furniture, it is EASIER for them to vacate.
That is my thought, also.

As much as I love some of my beautiful wood furniture, some if the best pieces would be very difficult to move, and if they stay with the house, it would be far easier to move out.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:07 AM

1,040 posts, read 300,839 times
Does your contract say anything about what happens if they are not out when they should be? I have heard about some home owners adding in a few hundred per day if they overstay and then just a few days. I read these things every now and then and add such handy tips to my growing list for any future sale just to be safe although I don't see leaving where we are now.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM

3,218 posts, read 1,122,425 times
You're borrowing trouble.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:10 PM

6,368 posts, read 7,400,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
RECORDING is when the transaction is complete... not signing.
Of course, practices vary by state. In Michigan, a transaction is considered complete at the closing when the property is paid for and the Deed is conveyed to the purchaser. Recording usually happens afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate