U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Status: "43 restaurants within 6 blocks of my house" (set 20 days ago)

13,442 posts, read 19,187,335 times

Advertisements

"Wall Street’s Big Landlords Are So Hungry for Houses They’re Building Them"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-st...em-11546511401

Anecdotally interesting. I am not so sure that it is statistically interesting.

"A shortage of houses in the entry-level price range where first-time buyers and big rental-home companies both shop is prompting some institutional landlords to start building new ones themselves.
By building houses, American Homes avoids sales commissions and renovation costs. It can outfit homes with its preferred fixtures and finishes at the onset, and charge higher rents than it can fetch for its older homes, Mr. Singelyn said.
“You’re also going to have a brand new asset that has much lower maintenance costs over probably the first 10 years,” he said.
..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:02 AM

8,597 posts, read 7,586,655 times
This is nothing new. I was an investment real estate broker from 1972 until I finally retired. I have had small subdivisions built with all the homes sold to investors in the mid 70s as a start.

Old Today, 04:59 AM

29,877 posts, read 32,396,177 times
I haven't heard of this but I know many rental houses in my area are being remodeled and enlarged by the owners. The owner of the place behind me bought it in the 70's and has rented it out for 20 years. He just told me he's having plans drawn up to add 800 sq ft by using some of the equity, then he'll not only have a big beautiful house but also big beautiful rental income to go along with it. The house won't be out of place either, it's the smallest model in the neighborhood and every penny spent will be future money earned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate