U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:11 AM

7,098 posts, read 3,931,657 times

Advertisements

I have a tri level also. Right now, our basement has a few pieces of gym equipment that never gets used and storage of junk we don’t use. I have tossed around making a wine cellar. We don’t need another living area.

Our top floor: 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths (one bedroom is a guest room)
Next floor: Living room, dining room, kitchen
Ground floor: Foyer, office, family room, powder room, laundry room
Basement: storage. Has a patio off sliding door.

We have debated making a wine cellar, bar, fun area. And putting hot tub on patio off the basement. Or I would like a sun room off the basement door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:24 PM

8,330 posts, read 7,092,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
IDK. As a single person who may have to take care of themselves more or less after some sort of surgery or even just a broken leg in a cast I won't buy a home that doesn't have a bathroom, bedroom, kitchen on the same floor. Preferably the easiest floor to get to from the garage or front door/least amount of steps.
So I have never considered a tri level because the only ones I've seen is the LR, Kitchen is main floor, bathrooms are up and down. The bedroom doesn't have to be a bedroom but there has to be at least a place to camp/sleep for the duration of recovery with bathroom and kitchen.
Once we past 60, we agreed no more stairs in the next house(s) we bought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or