U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 01:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 695,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Two photo pet peeves that agents need to pay attention to:

#1 Put the danged toilet seat(s) down; and

#2 Don't stand in front of the mirror(s) while taking the photo
Yep, open toilets are one of my pet peeves in real estate photos (okay, in general ). Same goes for photos with completely cluttered countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms, laundry and clothes on the beds and the floor, messy living rooms with so much stuff it's distracting, and walls so full of family photos and religious paraphernalia you can't see anything else. But I like what MikeJaquish wrote, so I'll look at it that way from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 02:50 PM

56 posts, read 12,218 times
https://www.zillow.com/bradenton-fl/...k-Landing_att/

What do you feel are the properties with the best photos from this neighborhood? The worst? We're not thrilled with the photos done of our property and are thinking of hiring someone new.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 PM

2,398 posts, read 1,143,336 times
Quote:

And don't let pets sneak into the picture!

Old 02-06-2019, 03:59 PM

325 posts, read 162,219 times
How about the wide-angle lens that makes the door and windows look eight feet wide? and makes me wonder if my glaucoma is acting up? or if the house was built by a mad carpenter who refused to make right angles?

But is there any other way to get most of a room in a photo, instead of just a slice taken from the doorway? I generally crouch in a corner and try to get the other three walls in the picture.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:51 PM

2,315 posts, read 550,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine 2019 View Post
We will be moving cross-country later this year. In preparation we spend a lot of time looking at online listings, primarily to look at houses, but also to learn more about communities and also to possibly identify Realtors we might work well with.

It's more than a little bit frustrating to find a listing with possibilities only to find that there are few (or no) photographs, or many pictures but which appear to have been taken while running through the house (blurry, etc). It's really difficult these days to take a bad picture, yet it happens more often than one might think.

For what it's worth, the message that we take away is that the Realtor didn't much care...which leaves us thinking we probably shouldn't either. We also will probably try not to work with one of these people.

We understand that not every house has access for photos (renters or some adversity) and that not every house photographs beautifully, but for those of us with imaginations and some skills, a good photo record of an interesting property does nothing but make us more eager to see more.
Overuse of the HDR filter is often a sign the interior is dirty, dingy, or worn. If I don't see a good amount of pictures without enhancement, I am highly suspicious of even investing a few minutes of my time pursuing the property any further.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 PM

4,494 posts, read 2,461,230 times
I have seen HDR pictures of vintage 1975 single wides that make the paneled walls look like a hunting lodge.

Seriously... the walls weren't that shiny when they were new!

Old 02-06-2019, 06:46 PM

11,617 posts, read 26,191,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
And don't let pets sneak into the picture!
I was just going to say that I don't mind but I know others do.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 PM

107 posts, read 53,357 times
I want more pictures of the garage. 90% of listings don't have them.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 PM

149 posts, read 178,968 times
Quote:

I sold my house of 28 years last year in prep to build a new one. It's a 1440 sq ft home. Average neighborhood, but I had done tons of upgrades - primarily thinking I would always live there. Bought fro $75 in 1990. Put around $32-38 total into it including major bathroom overhauls, Kitchen full overhaul with stainless, granite, etc. Plus new deck and fully sodded yard that was beyond gorgeously maintained.

But the most vital part of my sale was the guy who did the photos for the realty company. Perfect lighting - perfect exposure of the rooms strengths, even did a nominal wide angle lens on a couple of rooms to help folks see the breadth of the rooms easily. The end result was phenomenal. I listed at 144,100 - which was about 3000 over my real estate agent's recommendation and sold for 143,000. It sold to the second person who looked at it the first day it listed. I firmly believe the photographer MADE the sale of my house. And I got to walk away with about a 50G profit. House was already paid form.

My points are 2: 1. get a good photographer. That doesn't have to mean expensive. 2. Stage your house. I took bloat out of rooms and stored them in a storage unit through the process. And things literally gleamed for the walkthroughs. The yard was cleaned up, mowed, edged and freshly mulched and new potted plants were on the back deck. You have to spend a little to sell. And I can proudly say that couple got a kick ass house for the price. I put 28 years of love into it.

Point is - the photography can really sell the house - or get them in there.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...nville,-nc_rb/

Old 02-06-2019, 10:38 PM

1,020 posts, read 465,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
I sold my house of 28 years last year in prep to build a new one. It's a 1440 sq ft home. Average neighborhood, but I had done tons of upgrades - primarily thinking I would always live there. Bought fro $75 in 1990. Put around $32-38 total into it including major bathroom overhauls, Kitchen full overhaul with stainless, granite, etc. Plus new deck and fully sodded yard that was beyond gorgeously maintained.

But the most vital part of my sale was the guy who did the photos for the realty company. Perfect lighting - perfect exposure of the rooms strengths, even did a nominal wide angle lens on a couple of rooms to help folks see the breadth of the rooms easily. The end result was phenomenal. I listed at 144,100 - which was about 3000 over my real estate agent's recommendation and sold for 143,000. It sold to the second person who looked at it the first day it listed. I firmly believe the photographer MADE the sale of my house. And I got to walk away with about a 50G profit. House was already paid form.

My points are 2: 1. get a good photographer. That doesn't have to mean expensive. 2. Stage your house. I took bloat out of rooms and stored them in a storage unit through the process. And things literally gleamed for the walkthroughs. The yard was cleaned up, mowed, edged and freshly mulched and new potted plants were on the back deck. You have to spend a little to sell. And I can proudly say that couple got a kick ass house for the price. I put 28 years of love into it.

Point is - the photography can really sell the house - or get them in there.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...nville,-nc_rb/
I agree those are very wel done but feel accurate and not fake. Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or