U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

4,036 posts, read 6,567,047 times

Advertisements

Because you don't know if how you last saw it is how it still is.

re: clients skipped a final walk thru but the Realtor didn't- he found the house vandalized by the owner - red paint everywhere.

re: clients went to final walk through- found that after the well placed furniture was moved out there were huge holes in the walls, drapes and window treatments gone, plants outside removed....etc.

re: clients and I went to final walk through but she was still moving out. Day of closing they went to the title company and I went to the house. Seller was STILL THERE and the house was still not even close to being empty. She then says, I am taking the refrigerator.

YES... you should ALWAYS do a final walk through no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:30 AM

290 posts, read 170,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Because you don't know if how you last saw it is how it still is.

re: clients skipped a final walk thru but the Realtor didn't- he found the house vandalized by the owner - red paint everywhere.

re: clients went to final walk through- found that after the well placed furniture was moved out there were huge holes in the walls, drapes and window treatments gone, plants outside removed....etc.

re: clients and I went to final walk through but she was still moving out. Day of closing they went to the title company and I went to the house. Seller was STILL THERE and the house was still not even close to being empty. She then says, I am taking the refrigerator.

YES... you should ALWAYS do a final walk through no matter what.
Absolutely.

Our new neighbor didn't do a final walkthrough... it was a short-sale while in pre-foreclosure and the owner stopped taking out her kitty litter. It was a LONG period until closing, during negotiations. A corner of the basement was COVERED in litter and waste. She'd been just dumping more onto the floor. (She was weird, for sure, but presented normally until she opened her mouth. She had two children. All appeared clean and tidy, as well as the exterior.)

The stench had permeated everything.

He's hated the house ever since. Can't get rid of the smell short of gutting the place and starting over. He asks everyone if they knew her. Tells them how nasty she left the place. They don't know what to say. Still, 8 years later, he's talking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate