U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:23 PM

5,622 posts, read 5,708,736 times

Advertisements

I finally moved in and I am pleased with my choice.

Initially, I wanted to make cosmetic changes but I've decided to live with it. I like it. It gives the home a personality.

Surprisingly, the things l like the most relates to storage. The pantry is awesome. There is so much storage in the kitchen and it is pretty too. The closets have organizers. I really like the color off white or ivory on the closets.

I like the things I did not pay attention to when I was searching. I guess the true winner is the location. I have finally arrived. Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 04:54 PM

4,372 posts, read 3,702,775 times
I would love to see your pantry and closets! We are building and our builder is only providing wire shelving.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:20 PM

1,407 posts, read 911,157 times
I just moved in a couple of days ago and am still unpacking, but so far I really like:

* Having a master bathroom again
* Having an actual walk-in shower, I've always wanted one and now I have it, even though I haven't been able to use it yet! (glass door & panel have not yet been installed)
* The vinyl plank floors (this surprises me, but they are soft and comfortable and actually very attractive)
* The open kitchen - living room area and more counter space than my last home
* The fact that it is all one floor

Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 PM

2,598 posts, read 1,145,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
* The vinyl plank floors (this surprises me, but they are soft and comfortable and actually very attractive)

This was a pleasant surprise for us, too. Put them in as an update to sell the house but as the months have gone by they've really grown on us.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:57 PM

8,765 posts, read 4,996,952 times
I’ve always adored Cape Cods, but they are really hard to come by in their original form, so I just about plotzed when we found ours. It’s got all of those old fashioned touches, like book recesses and dresser drawers built into the walls upstairs, little touches to the interior that are reminiscent of Craftsman Bungalows... I’m still pinching myself.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
I just moved in a couple of days ago and am still unpacking, but so far I really like:

* Having a master bathroom again
* Having an actual walk-in shower, I've always wanted one and now I have it, even though I haven't been able to use it yet! (glass door & panel have not yet been installed)
* The open kitchen - living room area and more counter space than my last home
* The fact that it is all one floor
Ranches do rock.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I would love to see your pantry and closets! We are building and our builder is only providing wire shelving.
What do you want?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:50 PM

1,968 posts, read 1,002,320 times
We just moved in a week ago Friday and we love so much about this house. Our last house was a place keeper with fabulous views, but whoever built it was smoking something. It will be a fantastic vacation/weekend home or a vacation rental. There are many things to love if you don't live there full time. The house before that we absolutely loved, except it was on a tiny (less than .25 acres) lot and had no garage.

This house is roomy, it has a nice big lot (just under 2 acres), has lots of privacy and is rural, but not too rural. I absolutely love the floor plan. When we walked in, I knew it was the house for us. We are still only 1/4 of the way moved in, but I am living here full time with our dogs and I am happy as can be!

Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Iíve always adored Cape Cods, but they are really hard to come by in their original form, so I just about plotzed when we found ours. Itís got all of those old fashioned touches, like book recesses and dresser drawers built into the walls upstairs, little touches to the interior that are reminiscent of Craftsman Bungalows... Iím still pinching myself.
I love Craftsmans too.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:05 PM

2,598 posts, read 1,145,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
We just moved in a week ago Friday and we love so much about this house. Our last house was a place keeper with fabulous views, but whoever built it was smoking something. It will be a fantastic vacation/weekend home or a vacation rental. There are many things to love if you don't live there full time. The house before that we absolutely loved, except it was on a tiny (less than .25 acres) lot and had no garage.

This house is roomy, it has a nice big lot (just under 2 acres), has lots of privacy and is rural, but not too rural. I absolutely love the floor plan. When we walked in, I knew it was the house for us. We are still only 1/4 of the way moved in, but I am living here full time with our dogs and I am happy as can be!

I'm so glad to read this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or