U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 PM

2,426 posts, read 1,165,664 times

Advertisements

First-time buyers. They can be jittery. Buyers who have been through the real estate process at least once kind of get how things work and don't freak out at every little thing.

Higher-end buyers (relative to my area) are fine. They usually have been through a real estate transaction a few times and have enough financial buffer.

Anyway, it probably has more to do with how many times a buyer has been through a real estate transaction moreso than price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:41 AM

8,432 posts, read 6,629,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
I think we accidentally turned into high-maintenance buyers... but only after we realized we were dealing with flaky sellers and their inexperienced agent, and got sick of being lied to and misled. At that point, I think we probably called our agent every day until closing,because he seemed to be the only one who had his act together.
I'm sure your agent didn't consider you high-maintenance. From time to time, we encounter folks on the other side that require us to do both jobs.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:11 PM

87 posts, read 60,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
For me, it isn't a price point, but personality. I find the most difficult buyers are the ones who don't seem to understand or care that I have other clients or a family. Impatient clients are the most difficult for me. I think the record was one who called me 14 times in a row because I wasn't picking up when he wanted to talk to me. I was writing an offer with another client at the time and the phone kept vibrating which was annoying so I picked up the phone. I had to end my relationship as his agent after that.

I have my iPhone set to an automatic responder when I drive for texts, so they get a notice that I'm driving. When I stopped, I had 5 texts in a row from a client angry that I wasn't answering his texts over a period of one hour. I do address the fact that I don't text and drive during my buyer consults so they need to wait. There is a lot of driving in real estate.

I also find engineers can be difficult to work with as they tend to be overly analytical and can drive their spouses batty during the house hunt. I had one where the wife got so upset she stopped talking to him about houses and wanted me to be the go-between. Um, yeah, nope. We looked at almost 100 houses together before they bought.

I actually find most first time home buyers to be great to work with. All of my difficult, for me, clients have been experienced homeowners.

This is pretty Spot On!!

Old 02-14-2019, 07:04 PM

17,813 posts, read 22,859,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Jees, we must be the dream client. We find our homes on Zillow and ask our realtor to negotiate and close. We've bought 2 homes in the past 7 years and our realtors showed us 0 homes lol.
polish power!!!!

Old 02-14-2019, 09:27 PM

3,379 posts, read 2,312,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm sure your agent didn't consider you high-maintenance. From time to time, we encounter folks on the other side that require us to do both jobs.
Indeed.

Honestly I'm happy when my buyers reach out to me regularly with questions. It shows they trust me and value my work and guidance. If those two things aren't true...it just wouldn't be worth either of our's time to work together. There needs to be a mutual level of trust and respect.

While everyone gets frustrated from time to time.....I've yet to have clients who I wouldn't work with again.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:54 AM

3,388 posts, read 2,895,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post

While everyone gets frustrated from time to time.....I've yet to have clients who I wouldn't work with again.
Wow. Good job. I can think of at least a dozen I wouldn't consider working with again for any amount of money. I feel certain several of them feel the same way.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:25 PM

8,432 posts, read 6,629,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Wow. Good job. I can think of at least a dozen I wouldn't consider working with again for any amount of money. I feel certain several of them feel the same way.
the list is probably the same, or darn close to it - those that wouldn't work with you, and those you wouldn't work with.

keep in mind that while he's having great success, THN has also been at this game less than 2 years.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:42 PM

3,379 posts, read 2,312,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the list is probably the same, or darn close to it - those that wouldn't work with you, and those you wouldn't work with.

keep in mind that while he's having great success, THN has also been at this game less than 2 years.
Yes.

And also.....I should have clarified that I meant clients who I've actually closed deals with.

There are certainly people I've worked with, shown houses, even submitted offers for......who I would definitely steer clear of in the future. haha.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 PM

43 posts, read 15,686 times
I think the buyers that are the worst to deal with are those who do not find value in what we actually do for them. Either because they think this job is easy or because the overall level of experience in our industry is around 2-3 years.

It takes a long time to be proficient at what we do and why we do it. Especially since the average Realtor sells less than 10 homes a year. (In my market a few years ago it was actually 4 homes per year.)

Old 02-17-2019, 08:23 AM

10,731 posts, read 7,101,282 times
USDA and VA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate