Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:23 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times

Advertisements

I can admit I have been caught without cards. but I always register my showings and use the electronic key. I do what I can to provide feedback but I also do not respond to fax requests for feedback. email or call me... hopefully I will remember yours from the 100 others I show...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 AM

10,966 posts, read 21,970,243 times
I agree with the poster. It's hard to get agents to respond to feedback sometimes. The only problem is the ones reading this board are serious professionals and are the ones who would respond anyway.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
My agent in the beginning didn't think it was necessary to leave us feedback unless someone was thinking about making a offer but I told her that I would like to have feedback on everyone that comes in, good or bad just so if it's bad, we could improve it. Fortunately all our feedback has been good.
I'm glad to see others, other than myself wanting feedback. I thought I was being paranoid and pushy.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:05 PM

43 posts, read 195,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
We are selling our house and have had about 8 showings in the last 2 weeks. We think that is pretty good since the house is $300,000+ and it is in an up and coming city but not really hot yet. My frustration is that my agent sends the buyers agent a survey that they have agreed to fill out when they make the appointment but of those 8 showings only 2 have sent responses. They have indicated that it showed nice, was in a good price range but the buyers decided on another one. I would really like the other 6 to respond and let us know if there is anything that can be changed or if it is just not what their buyer was looking for. Also, another complaint is when a showing is set up and no card is left so you don't know if the potential buyers came or not. That happened last night for an 8pm showing. We left the house with our 3 kids (ages 9, 4, 2) and came back and there was no card. Did they come??? We don't know. My agent never received a cancellation and she can't get in touch with them today. Anyway, if you agree to fill out a survey, please do. If you have ever been a seller you want to know what turned people off or if it just wasn't the right fit.
Our very 1st appointment with a buyer ended up being a no-show. I left the house, and same thing, I came home not knowing if anyone had been here, or they just didn't leave a card. So, ever since I don't leave the house until the realtor shows up. I still have no-shows, but at least I know that's the case, if I'm home. As for feedback, around here some realtors will do it, others say they are far too busy, or show too many homes to remember what a specific one looks like.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:00 PM

222 posts, read 877,456 times
Since I posted this we had two more send feedback (via email) and they were positive except that they will not be putting any offers in (too big, not what they wanted). Our survey has the pictures included on it, so hopefully they can remember a little better. We are still waiting for feedback on an older couple that came last week. We were here when they came because they were 1 hour late and we had left and already gotten back and were starting dinner. We assumed they were a no show since it was past the scheduled time. They were here for about 30-40 minutes asking questions about the house and neighborhood. We had been hopeful about them because it seemed that it would be a good match but it has been a week. Oh well, I guess you think everyone could be the one.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:38 PM

67 posts, read 237,263 times
I do my best to get feedback for my clients because I know it's important to hear the good and the bad. I exclusively use e-mail to ask for feedback, to me it's just easier for agents to be able to respond at their leisure instead of catching them off guard and trying to explain which house it was to them over the phone when they looked at 10-15 houses. I hate getting those calls so I have a message on my phone that asks agents to e-mail me for feedack. I usually get 80-85% that respond and I always respond when I get a request, it's common courtesy. I also have a sign in my listings that ask the agents to please leave their business card, of course not all do so I have to go by the lockbox report. Usually if they don't respond to the first request, I'll send another three to four days later and then they usually respond. I then forward the response directly to my sellers, which is just awesome..I love technology!!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,932,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
We are selling our house and have had about 8 showings in the last 2 weeks. We think that is pretty good since the house is $300,000+ and it is in an up and coming city but not really hot yet. My frustration is that my agent sends the buyers agent a survey that they have agreed to fill out when they make the appointment but of those 8 showings only 2 have sent responses. <SNIP>
Anyway, if you agree to fill out a survey, please do. If you have ever been a seller you want to know what turned people off or if it just wasn't the right fit.
What makes you think they agreed to fill out a survey? I for one have never ever been asked in advance of showing a house to fill out any survey regarding that house. And in fairness, if I were asked, I would likely refuse. I want to show the house you have listed for sale, I don't want to be bogged down by your paperwork. And don't worry so much about the feedback. While it's nice to get sometimes, you rarely hear anything you didn't know. People look at houses & just "feel" that the house is right or not. With the vast amounts of info available today, they knew before they got there that the house was in such & such a neighborhood, has x number of bedrooms, y number of baths, a new kitchen, etc, etc. Much of what makes a buyer say yes or no to a house can't be expressed in feedback or changed by you even if it was expressed. Don't drive yourself nuts waiting to hear why they didn't like your house. After all, if they DID like it, you'll hear from them with an offer.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 PM

222 posts, read 877,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What makes you think they agreed to fill out a survey?

My realtor has said that when they call to set up a showing she asks them if she is able to get their email and send them a short survey (about 10 multiple choice questions) and if they will fill it out. So unless she is lying to us, then that is how I know they have agreed to fill out a survey. We appreciate the feedback. While I know most of the house buying process is based on the "feel" of the home, since they already have the basic facts, maybe there is something that I have not looked at from the buyers eyes and have overlooked. If one person states something, fine, it might be personal opinion. If two, three+ are saying the same thing, there might be something to change.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,324 times
Sometimes those survey requests end up as "spam" and we never see them. Personally, I've found that calling the buyers' agents works best. You can also sometimes answer concerns that the buyers may have had that are easily remedied, (i.e. "They really hated the green paint in the guest bedroom". "No problem, my sellers would be willing to repaint that room any color the buyer chooses.")

I think getting feedback is really important. The buyer's agent is showing his clients your competition. How does your home stack up compared with those other homes he's showing? Do he and his buyers perceive your home to be a good value when compared with those other homes they looked at yesterday?

Hopefully agents will be considerate enough to supply feedback when requested. I personally think it's just common courtesy to do so - it only takes a minute or two.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,123 times
We had a showing a couple weeks ago. If we wouldn't have heard the feedback like 3 days later we'd have never known if they even came because no card was left behind and no courtesy call was made directly afterwords. So we just had to sit there and wonder if we'd been 'ghost showed'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate