U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Stuck on the East Coast, hoping to head West
3,789 posts, read 9,307,278 times
Reputation: 7370

Advertisements

I'm selling my house with an agent (not redfin). I had a showing and apparently it was a redfin agent. This agent left a "tour insight" in which she stated that some work had been done, but there was still work to be done...whatever that means. However, it's definitely not a positive review. It's also not accurate about a few things, notably, the school district which is a huge deal.

At first, I wasn't too concerned as my realtor's description is accurate and well-written. I'm in a seller's market and I trust my agent.

Then I poked around redfin's website and noticed that the buyers touring the homes can actually instruct the agent regarding feedback in order to strengthen the buyer's position.

From redfin:https://support.redfin.com/hc/en-us/...Tour-Insights-

Of course, there may be times when, as the client on tour, you don't want the agent to post comments about a home. For instance, if you've decided to make an offer on a home, it would make sense that you don't want your agent posting comments about what a great find it is.

As a client on tour, you always have the right to ask your agent to suspend posting a comment about a home you've seen. You'll have 48 hours to make an offer or take other follow-up action on a home before your agent posts any comments on a home's listing. This should give you plenty of time to make up your mind, and to start the offer process on a home you want.


I also looked at this agents other tour insights. Apparently, she's a buyer's agent and writes negative reviews about lots of houses---I didn't see any positive reviews. I highly doubt this is a coincidence.


Do you know what recourse I have to get this insight taken down? I have contacted my agent and am waiting to hear from him. I also tried contacting redfin, but haven't heard a response back from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
 
Location: los angeles county
1,198 posts, read 1,266,939 times
Reputation: 1235
you might be able to claim your home on redfin, and disable everything.

For sure, you can create your own account and claim your house from the signup button on the main page. But I haven't tested anything beyond that.


They have something called "owner dashboard" where you can edit the facts and stuff.

You can probably remove your listing completely from redfin website, as redfin is such a small player in the market that it doesn't even matter.


it's really stupid that only a redfin agent gets to post a comment for the world to see, and no one else gets to. Basically, the only comment on your house on the whole internet... is that of one stupid redfin buyer's agent.
How does that even give anyone a fair perspective?
If they allowed comments like Amazon reviews, then that would be better.

Last edited by oh come on!; Yesterday at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
6,053 posts, read 3,345,992 times
Reputation: 16288
You can't even see the comments unless you have a log in and sign in.

"Local rules require you to be signed in to view Redfin Agent comments about this home."


Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if the actual listing information is correct, let Redfin do its little thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Stuck on the East Coast, hoping to head West
3,789 posts, read 9,307,278 times
Reputation: 7370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
You can't even see the comments unless you have a log in and sign in.

"Local rules require you to be signed in to view Redfin Agent comments about this home."


Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if the actual listing information is correct, let Redfin do its little thing.
Right? I though so, too. But I don't have a redfin account. I just googled my address and the tour insight comments came up. My agent is contacting his lawyer to see if we can get it down. I don't know that it will do any good, but I appreciate his support.

I hope you're right about redfin, I haven't seen many Redfin agents in my area. Here, we basically have a handful of local agents that do the majority of business. Anyway, my agent isn't worried about them so I guess I'll just let him do his thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Stuck on the East Coast, hoping to head West
3,789 posts, read 9,307,278 times
Reputation: 7370
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
you might be able to claim your home on redfin, and disable everything.

For sure, you can create your own account and claim your house from the signup button on the main page. But I haven't tested anything beyond that.


They have something called "owner dashboard" where you can edit the facts and stuff.

You can probably remove your listing completely from redfin website, as redfin is such a small player in the market that it doesn't even matter.


it's really stupid that only a redfin agent gets to post a comment for the world to see, and no one else gets to. Basically, the only comment on your house on the whole internet... is that of one stupid redfin buyer's agent.
How does that even give anyone a fair perspective?
If they allowed comments like Amazon reviews, then that would be better.
Thanks. I don't have an account; but did some quick research and it doesn't appear that I'd be able to disable the agent's remarks even if I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
33,815 posts, read 58,777,033 times
Reputation: 32693
OP,
If...
...you did not allow online comments and reviews in your listing agreement,
...you have an exclusive agreement with your listing agent,
...your MLS rules limit reviews by agents or firms,

... it's reasonable for your agent should file a formal complaint with the MLS.

This is not acceptable behavior by another firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
 
Location: los angeles county
1,198 posts, read 1,266,939 times
Reputation: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Thanks. I don't have an account; but did some quick research and it doesn't appear that I'd be able to disable the agent's remarks even if I did.
That's why I said you should remove the listing entirely from redfin's website.

The agent remarks should go down with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
9,125 posts, read 18,175,074 times
Reputation: 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
OP,
If...
...you did not allow online comments and reviews in your listing agreement,
...you have an exclusive agreement with your listing agent,
...your MLS rules limit reviews by agents or firms,

... it's reasonable for your agent should file a formal complaint with the MLS.

This is not acceptable behavior by another firm.
This!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Stuck on the East Coast, hoping to head West
3,789 posts, read 9,307,278 times
Reputation: 7370
Thanks for the comments/suggestions. My agent confirmed that we had no comments/reviews and he is handling it. I think this is one of those times where you appreciate your agent all the more. Selling is stressful enough as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top