U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 01:26 AM

2,262 posts, read 860,103 times

Advertisements

Finishes should match. But now "best of" appliances are beoming popular...like a Miel dishwasher and a Viking range, and a sub zero refrig. Rather than all one brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 11:35 AM

2,756 posts, read 1,686,185 times
Finishes should definitely match.

Price point dictates a lot too... Usually a fridge can be any brand so long as the color/finish matches, but at least in my experience, buyers want to see a matching suite as much as possible, so Kitchenaid oven, range, hood, microwave, etc.

Dishwasher is a bit like the fridge, it can be different so long as the color/finish matches.

Appliances need to be suitable for the price of the home as well... You can't go putting in the cheapest stainless steel fridge you can buy when the other appliances are high end and you're asking $500k or more. Conversely, a home selling for $200k, buyers should be satisfied with matching finishes.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:31 PM

32,569 posts, read 60,241,453 times
I don't care. And I'm certainly not going to replace functioning appliances just so they're all one brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
One thing I just noticed that our builder installed Kohler seats/lids on our Gerber toilets. Lids are usually separate, but Kohler also makes their own toilets. Probably not all that much different from me putting that Moen Magnetix Engage showerhead on the Delta bath fixtures in the second full bathroom.
You'd probably be served well by paying less attention to badges and brand names and more to function.

And what's with the obsession with showerheads?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:32 PM

5,250 posts, read 7,984,800 times
Also, do buyers care about the color of the displays on appliances? All our appliances have lime-green VFD or LED displays. I know the newest GE appliances now use white LED displays.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:40 PM

9,210 posts, read 8,070,938 times
When we were appliance shopping for our new construction home a few years ago - we didn't worry about matching brands, but we worried about matching appearances - all stainless steel and all with horizontal graining in the steel, not vertical. The range and hood were KitchenAid, the dishwasher was Whirlpool Gold (which owns KitchenAid) and the refrigerator was a Samsung, but the stainless steel and the handle design was similar to the range and DW.

When we renovate our current kitchen, it will likely be the same scenario - complimentary appliances, not necessarily the same.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:23 PM

1,681 posts, read 1,514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Finishes should match. But now "best of" appliances are beoming popular...like a Miel dishwasher and a Viking range, and a sub zero refrig. Rather than all one brand.
^^^
This

Old 08-19-2019, 05:27 PM

277 posts, read 58,911 times
Quote:
Also, do buyers care about the color of the displays on appliances? All our appliances have lime-green VFD or LED displays. I know the newest GE appliances now use white LED displays.
What price point are we talking?

I think you’re way overthinking this. Are you going to purchase new ones in order to sell or are you upgrading now and curious for down the road?

Old 08-19-2019, 05:44 PM

18,753 posts, read 23,459,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't think I've had a buyer yet who has made a comment about the appliance brand, unless it's one of the really high end models like a Viking range or a Sub Zero Fridge.

Other than that.... they've wanted the colors to match, but I don't think necessarily the brands.

THIS ^^^. If one is high end, then they all should be. That's it.

I just do not understand kitchens with a stainless fridge, a white stove and a black dishwasher. If you are selling, please make it match.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:45 PM

6,073 posts, read 3,357,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
I think you’re way overthinking this.

Just maybe...

Quote:
One thing I just noticed that our builder installed Kohler seats/lids on our Gerber toilets. Lids are usually separate, but Kohler also makes their own toilets. Probably not all that much different from me putting that Moen Magnetix Engage showerhead on the Delta bath fixtures in the second full bathroom.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:14 PM

1,811 posts, read 807,801 times
Someone mentioned price point earlier. At my price point ($200K to $250K) I don't care if colors and brands don't match as long as the appliances work and have some life left in them.

But, as luck would have it, the house I just bought has a dishwasher, refrigerator, and stove. All Kenmore. All black. I bought a new washer/dryer. Both Maytag, both white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or