U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 03:21 PM

5,244 posts, read 7,981,533 times

Advertisements

I wonder, for home resale value, do buyers care about whether or not brands match, such as appliances or plumbing fixtures?

For example, say my refrigerator is an LG while the rest of the appliances in the kitchen are builder-installed GE, or my showerhead is a Moen while the rest of the plumbing fixtures are builder-installed Delta, with the Moen showerhead attached to a Delta arm. Or say we were to swap out one of our Gerber toilets for a fancier Kohler. Do buyers care about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 03:26 PM

34,087 posts, read 42,525,423 times
Some will, some won't. Those that do will downgrade your house in their consideration.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Some will, some won't. Those that do will downgrade your house in their consideration.
And if I would guess, people would probably pay more attention to appliances than plumbing fixtures.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:17 PM

6,067 posts, read 3,351,368 times
I don't think I've had a buyer yet who has made a comment about the appliance brand, unless it's one of the really high end models like a Viking range or a Sub Zero Fridge.

Other than that.... they've wanted the colors to match, but I don't think necessarily the brands.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 08-18-2019 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-18-2019, 05:42 PM

273 posts, read 56,956 times
This comes up with flips a lot, the investor wonders if buyers will be picky about matching brands. I’ve not heard this in relation to anything but kitchen appliances. The consensus is to get matching brands if possible but usually, it’s not going to be a deal breaker. Personally I think it’s a terrible point of negotiation, assuming the colors all match.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
This comes up with flips a lot, the investor wonders if buyers will be picky about matching brands. Iíve not heard this in relation to anything but kitchen appliances. The consensus is to get matching brands if possible but usually, itís not going to be a deal breaker. Personally I think itís a terrible point of negotiation, assuming the colors all match.
It does seem that GE appliances seem to be used by most builders. If we ever decide on moving, we have an LG French door refrigerator. We probably won't leave our washer and dryer, but if our next home doesn't have a gas hookup we might have to get another dryer.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:44 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,221 posts, read 55,074,459 times
No, as long as the colors match. I can tell you though that for my wife the washer and dryer have to match. When one breaks down and is beyond repair we have to buy both.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:49 PM

21,394 posts, read 12,017,623 times
I doubt people care about plumbing fixtures, although of course if the master bath has two sinks, I think they would care if the faucets on both sinks didn't match. And I doubt they would care too much if different bathrooms had different toilets.

But I would say kitchen appliances are different at least in the sense of people caring about how they look, if not specifically about the brands not all being the same. Mismatched colors are definitely an issue for many people. If all the appliances are white but one is really old and discolored and the others are newer, then that could be a problem too. Things like the handles not matching might matter to some people, esp. if the appliances happen to be next to each other, but other people might not care.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:59 PM

18,699 posts, read 20,575,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I wonder, for home resale value, do buyers care about whether or not brands match, such as appliances or plumbing fixtures?

For example, say my refrigerator is an LG while the rest of the appliances in the kitchen are builder-installed GE, or my showerhead is a Moen while the rest of the plumbing fixtures are builder-installed Delta, with the Moen showerhead attached to a Delta arm. Or say we were to swap out one of our Gerber toilets for a fancier Kohler. Do buyers care about that?
I just remodeled my kitchen. I went with Kitchenaid wall stove and dishwasher but a Maytag fridge and Milano 36 inch stove. I didn’t like the Kitchenaid fridge or the stove offerings

Old 08-18-2019, 09:20 PM

One thing I just noticed that our builder installed Kohler seats/lids on our Gerber toilets. Lids are usually separate, but Kohler also makes their own toilets. Probably not all that much different from me putting that Moen Magnetix Engage showerhead on the Delta bath fixtures in the second full bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or