U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 01:24 PM

7,219 posts, read 3,986,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagete View Post
I'm echoing most of what's been said here... Prepare a print out of energy savings you can share or email by going electric.

Indicate if the charger is on 50A or lower. What plugs do you support? Did you have a Telsa charger installed or just a standard 240V plug? Do you have solar/powerwall? Indicate that they convey with the sale.

Detail and wax your car and keep it visible/parked during showings. Make buyers think about buying your house and lifestyle. I would resist mentioning your car is for sale. Others might disagree as I have met realtors that have mentioned if furniture or larger items in the garage convey or are negotiable.

Good luck, im sure it's a great house. I wish we had solar incentives where I am plus I am also looking at an electric car to take advantage of HOV lanes in the future.

Sight unseen? Based on what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 01:26 PM

18,759 posts, read 20,677,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagete View Post
I'm echoing most of what's been said here... Prepare a print out of energy savings you can share or email by going electric.

Indicate if the charger is on 50A or lower. What plugs do you support? Did you have a Telsa charger installed or just a standard 240V plug? Do you have solar/powerwall? Indicate that they convey with the sale.

Detail and wax your car and keep it visible/parked during showings. Make buyers think about buying your house and lifestyle. I would resist mentioning your car is for sale. Others might disagree as I have met realtors that have mentioned if furniture or larger items in the garage convey or are negotiable.

Good luck, im sure it's a great house. I wish we had solar incentives where I am plus I am also looking at an electric car to take advantage of HOV lanes in the future.
Yes you ca buy private property items that are in the house like a couch, patio set, tv, etc. but it has to be purchased separately not as part of the house pice. U less the item is simply left there as a free you can have it no bank will fund if you’re buying s car.

Personally I don't own a electric car so the whole charging station and it’s “benefits” would be completely lost on me. I wouldn’t pay extra for that. I had a electric car you would need to exclude the charge station and remove it or it would have to be part of the house as it’s connected and bolted to the structure it’s part of the structure.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:27 PM

71 posts, read 37,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Sight unseen? Based on what?
I'm just being nice and optimistic. Reading stories of folks having issues selling their homes make me sad. It's a very stressful process so i'm just trying to spread some good vibes.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,049,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
I have a home I'm getting ready to sell. Itself, its worth between 600 and 650k. It is completely energy self sufficient and I'm thinking about including my electric car in with the house to market it as a green home/deal. The car is worth about 50-60k and I'm hoping that as a result of the deal, i can perhaps get more than that when the package deal is marketted correctly.

The only major issue i see is that potential buyers may not qualify for their loan, because the house will not appraise for the 700k (for example) listed price because they won't take the car's value into consideration when doing the home appraisal.

Tell me why this is a good/bad idea! Thank you!
Thinking Man....you have definitely been thinking too much.

Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM

8,848 posts, read 10,992,489 times
Thinking Man, Everyone is telling you the same thing: 'Trying to sell the house with an add-on car (and price) is really a bad idea!'

Are you still considering this? - What are you 'thinking' it will take to "correctly market" a poorly conceived package deal?

Old Today, 06:52 AM

705 posts, read 272,246 times
Not everyone who can afford a 650k house wants to throw away 50k on a car that they didn't even pick out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate