U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM

1,950 posts, read 362,036 times

Advertisements

In my experience, Zillow gets more clicks than Redfin. For example, my neighbor's house is for sale right now and I'm keeping a careful watch on it, both online and peeking out through my blinds to see what's going on. Zillow has double the amount of views and saves than Redfin for this property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM

33,955 posts, read 59,017,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
In my experience, Zillow gets more clicks than Redfin. For example, my neighbor's house is for sale right now and I'm keeping a careful watch on it, both online and peeking out through my blinds to see what's going on. Zillow has double the amount of views and saves than Redfin for this property.

Yet, Redfin shows more MLS listings...

Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

6,679 posts, read 8,212,902 times
I personally love zillow particularly for the price history and for the lot line maps. I always look there. But I use realtor.com to pick up what I am missing, plus a few local sites. In the past I liked a site that allowed you to both love or reject properties so the latter would not show up on the map. I like to search by map.

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

2,223 posts, read 1,293,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Zillow engineers its site to get inadvertant clicks...most think it is just a car finger on a tablet or phone, but there is money in clicks..might even be some Ukrainian bots involved.

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

1,950 posts, read 362,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Zillow engineers its site to get inadvertant clicks...most think it is just a car finger on a tablet or phone, but there is money in clicks..might even be some Ukrainian bots involved.
All of the clicks on my neighbor's house are Ukrainian bots? lol, that gave me a laugh. Actually i'm really dreading what might buy and move in.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

4,745 posts, read 2,217,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
I personally love zillow particularly for the price history and for the lot line maps. I always look there. But I use realtor.com to pick up what I am missing, plus a few local sites. In the past I liked a site that allowed you to both love or reject properties so the latter would not show up on the map. I like to search by map.
My sentiments exactly.

I use a variety of sites. Zillow definitely has its drawbacks and is riddled with inaccuracies, but the lot line map is a very helpful feature.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

44 posts, read 5,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
My sentiments exactly.

I use a variety of sites. Zillow definitely has its drawbacks and is riddled with inaccuracies, but the lot line map is a very helpful feature.
Guess what? Google maps has the same feature! I guess Zillow is 100% useless after alll!

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

4,745 posts, read 2,217,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
Guess what? Google maps has the same feature! I guess Zillow is 100% useless after alll!
The Zillow version shows property value. Google maps don't.

Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

848 posts, read 234,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
My sentiments exactly.

I love Zillow’s clear property tax information, homeowners insurance ( sometimes it is under mortgage- just gives you an idea- the taxes are never going down, only one way- is up!
Not every realtor ‘s site has it, or it is not easy to locate.

Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

955 posts, read 329,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post

All the other websites also want money. None of them is in it for charity. To be honest, if I listed a house I'd try to maximize exposure so why wouldn't I go with a big name like Zillow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or