U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 10:20 PM

64 posts, read 14,155 times

Advertisements

What are predictions of how the market will be like in 2020?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 PM

9,068 posts, read 8,273,846 times
Real estate markets are local and regional. There is no way to predict what the market will be on a wide area. Even in the big recent real estate bust, some markets were never damaged like they were in certain areas of the country.

Old 09-07-2019, 12:34 PM

23,106 posts, read 29,491,385 times
I expect the local market to be about the same next year as this year.

Possibly the growth will slow a bit.

Many of the markets in the Pacific Northwest and Inland Northwest completely depend upon what the market is like in California. If the market is hot in California, prices here are going up. If the market in California goes down, the market here will crash.

It's probably getting close to time for prices to plateau. But no one can tell you what day in the future that will happen.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:08 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,247,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's probably getting close to time for prices to plateau. But no one can tell you what day in the future that will happen.
All I know is that it will probably be on a Thursday.

Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 65 times
Hi I am new in this business right now I am start with Virtual Staging is the right time to do this business?

Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,313,967 times
I heard an interesting perspective yesterday. Without getting into the political, the perspective went like this: if it appears that Elizabeth Warren might become the likely candidate, the banks and corporations will begin tightening money (lending) and spending in anticipation of her impacts on them which will cause the economy to contract. The media will hype it up, anyway, because that is what they do but especially because they will do what they can to make Trump’s re-election less likely. The hype will then fuel a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I’m not an economist but I can see how that scenario can play out (which isn’t that far-fetched especially when the media just tried to hype up recession concerns based on almost nothing) and people are looking for bubbles and housing crashes even when there’s no compelling reason for them at this point. Anyway, it’s an interesting look down the road and perhaps points to a down housing market.

Old Today, 04:16 AM

2 posts, read 65 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I heard an interesting perspective yesterday. Without getting into the political, the perspective went like this: if it appears that Elizabeth Warren might become the likely candidate, the banks and corporations will begin tightening money (lending) and spending in anticipation of her impacts on them which will cause the economy to contract. The media will hype it up, anyway, because that is what they do but especially because they will do what they can to make Trumpís re-election less likely. The hype will then fuel a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Iím not an economist but I can see how that scenario can play out (which isnít that far-fetched especially when the media just tried to hype up recession concerns based on almost nothing) and people are looking for bubbles and housing crashes even when thereís no compelling reason for them at this point. Anyway, itís an interesting look down the road and perhaps points to a down housing market.
I am agree with bbronston, all I do is predicate the future on the basis of present stats but an economist forecast it closely.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

3,902 posts, read 3,237,179 times
I predict continued upward pressure on prices and downward pressure on commission rates. Commission rates have edged down in my market over the last several years and with the increasing amount of agents competing for listings I expect that trend to continue. I also expect the super star team thing to continue to prosper. Dominating Zillow is fairly easy for a group of agents who pool marketing money and give all transaction credit to the team leader. It has been an effective if dishonest strategy for several teams in my market.

Old Today, 12:23 PM

10,964 posts, read 29,610,483 times
About half of the population will have a "we won" attitude after the election. 4th quarter real estate sales will increase because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or