U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:08 PM

194 posts, read 36,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
I don't think this was Grandma's house. In that area, there certainly are houses that Grandma would have lived in, but they would be much older. All that builder's grade stuff just makes it look like they didn't care about the house at all. (Although the yard does seem nicely maintained, so it's not like it was totally neglected, just not lovingly lived in.)
The ornamental spoon racks and the bric a brac cabinets and shelves. It's grandma's house for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 02:20 PM

1,871 posts, read 657,782 times
I don't think it's so bad. Some rooms would be better off with nothing indeed.

But the back of that house, the house itself...so bland by comparison with the front.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:37 PM

194 posts, read 36,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
I don't think it's so bad. Some rooms would be better off with nothing indeed.

But the back of that house, the house itself...so bland by comparison with the front.
Blank slate though! For only $384 (probably get it for $375), you can do some fun stuff with decking in that flat of a back yard.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:47 PM

11,513 posts, read 20,558,489 times
I have no idea why OP thinks it's a "crappy listing" - unless he/she has a personal interest in it. The house is what it is - photos are fine, etc.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:43 PM

98 posts, read 58,499 times
By looking at the listing photos it appears that the owners have already moved out. Whoever buys it will definitely remodel the kitchen, baths, flooring etc. to their liking. The outside is nice, I love the brick. Although the furniture in the photos shows bad taste in style, it does show that the home is large enough to accommodate large pieces of furniture.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:54 PM

44,487 posts, read 43,005,036 times
I was expecting much worse when I clicked on the listing.

Just take out all furniture at that point, and PLEASE remove any cheap curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
THIS is the kind of staging I hate when I see it in advertisements and magazines, and I just saw this one in a live listing. I will often forgive amateurs, but I'm quite sure this is the work of a professional.

WHO puts LIT candles on a tray and sets them on a bed? WHO DOES THAT?

The scene is supposed to be relaxing, but it makes me really nervous. Maybe it's because I used to own a Labrador.
LOL I can't get past the pillow on the bed that says "gather." Just how many folks to do they want in there??

Old 09-13-2019, 07:17 PM

6,252 posts, read 3,496,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
LOL I can't get past the pillow on the bed that says "gather." Just how many folks to do they want in there??

LOL - I didn't read the pillow!

Old 09-13-2019, 08:21 PM

5,048 posts, read 7,733,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Thankfully there are "bad listings" like this otherwise most of us wouldn't of gotten our ugly starter houses. That's where we learned some skills and quickly identified the projects that required the professionals. My first house -yeesh- it was ugly in photos.
Exactly! Our beautiful master craftsman designed and built 1927 Spanish Colonial was placed in the wrong area of the city in the listings (newspaper, no photos, before the internet) and described it succinctly as “not a track house” and not much else. haha! Hardly anyone showed up to the open house (we discovered it the day before through our realtor) the vacant house with the cheap apartment grade wall to wall carpet and window coverings perfectly hid the narrow strip quartersawn white oak floors and mahogany trimmed windows that we nonetheless clearly noticed. Our clean offer was in a 1/2 hour after we saw it. The three offers that came in the next day after the open house were just a little too late.

Of this listing all I can say, great looking facade but Gawd the finishes and layout are so dated builder grade crap!

Old 09-13-2019, 09:48 PM

8,633 posts, read 7,831,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the name Schwenksville, PA?
Yes.

But it pales in comparison to Intercourse, Pa or Blue Ball, Pa.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:42 PM

27 posts, read 8,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

I was wondering about 'gathering' too .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate