U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 10:13 AM

3,829 posts, read 9,372,583 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if there is a way for homeowners to see a listing agent's unsold/expired listings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:07 AM

29,132 posts, read 63,327,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I was just wondering if there is a way ... to see a listing agent's unsold/expired listings?
Old newspaper listings

Old 09-17-2019, 11:45 AM

14,116 posts, read 33,293,366 times
Quote:
I was just wondering if there is a way for homeowners to see a listing agent's unsold/expired listings?
We can pull them up on the MLS, but I don't think there is any other way to get an easy list of them.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:50 AM

6,252 posts, read 3,500,265 times
Other members of the MLS can, but I don't know how homeowners would.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:46 PM

9,292 posts, read 8,036,610 times
Quote:
Why?

Old 09-18-2019, 07:46 AM

9,164 posts, read 18,250,196 times
Public, no. Agents on MLS, yes.

Old Yesterday, 02:54 AM

507 posts, read 534,639 times
What is the point of this?

Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM

34,014 posts, read 59,142,690 times
Quote:

The beneficial utility of the data is subject to detailed analysis.

In my local MLS, we have three categories one would need to access:

-Expired.

-Cancelled.

-Withdrawn.

The only access to those categories would be via a member/subscriber/participant of MLS with full access.
Years ago some agents would "Withdraw" listings a day before expiration, so they could brag, "I have never had an expired listing."

Making the information helpful and relevant can be quite challenging. Context is important.
-Agent changes firms, so cancels all current Active listings, to re-enter under the new firm. These cancellations will show as Unsold. One needs to recognize that situation.
-Client decides not to take that transfer. Listing is cancelled. Is that a failure?
-Listing expires while under contract.
-Owner is nuts, and agent doesn't realize until the listing is entered. Unsold.
-Unrealized title issues.
-Years ago, I had a client swipe my photos of his listing from MLS, post on Craigslist, and rent the house out from under me. Twice. LOL

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

3,932 posts, read 2,709,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

-Expired.

-Cancelled.

-Withdrawn.

The only access to those categories would be via a member/subscriber/participant of MLS with full access.
Years ago some agents would "Withdraw" listings a day before expiration, so they could brag, "I have never had an expired listing."

Making the information helpful and relevant can be quite challenging. Context is important.
-Agent changes firms, so cancels all current Active listings, to re-enter under the new firm. These cancellations will show as Unsold. One needs to recognize that situation.
-Client decides not to take that transfer. Listing is cancelled. Is that a failure?
-Years ago, I had a client swipe my photos of his listing from MLS, post on Craigslist, and rent the house out from under me. Twice. LOL
Oh...that still happens.

I reported it when it showed up as "no showings" months after the seller breached on my buyers and decided not to sell a day before closing.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

3,829 posts, read 9,372,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

-Expired.

-Cancelled.

-Withdrawn.

Thank you for this. I really appreciate all of the information that you share and I really wish you were a realtor in my area.

I was thinking more information (including expired listings) would be useful in choosing a listing agent. For example, if his/her listings expire in one neighborhood, maybe there's an issue with his/her network. Or if he/she has a bunch of expired single family homes, but really sells alot of townhouses, that would be useful.

Now I can see it is not so simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or