Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 11:58 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,036,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladlensky View Post
My home was built in the late 1980's which was apparently peak 'jacuzzi tub in the master bath' era. The fact that the builders chose to build a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi at a 45 degree angle and only a pedestal sink is a turnoff for some buyers - I understand - but baths are actually pretty nice, so holding out hope someone else like OP will find and appreciate that layout. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where no houses have baths.
I hate pedestal sinks. I like the storage provided with under counter casework with shelves and drawers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 01:59 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
I have a pedestal sink in my powder room - it's not tiny but it's small enough that the more open feeling is a better choice. And of course in a powder room, I have a limited amount to store in there. I wouldn't put one in a full bathroom though

Old 09-21-2019, 03:18 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,193,739 times
I dont care for a tub in the master bathroom I have never used it. We are having our house rebuilt we opted for a large walk in shower, a large linen closet and 2 separate vanities. The shower can be used by a disabled person ..

It has 2 separate shower heads, one side of the shower has a bench built in with a shower wand , so you can sit and take a shower the other side has a rain shower head. The shower wand and rain shower head operate independently. So 2 people can take a shower at a time and utilize different temps. I prefer my shower colder than my husband.

We do have 3 other bathrooms in the house 2 have tubs, they never get used as tubs, instead people shower.

My husband was disabled years ago so this shower will be a blessing for him.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:19 PM

1,186 posts, read 965,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I hate pedestal sinks. I like the storage provided with under counter casework with shelves and drawers.

The lack of storage is no fun, but worse is the lack of any counter space to set anything while using the sink. At most there's space for a tube of toothpaste or a bar of soap balanced on the side. It's not for lack of space either, so my only guess is the builder was trying to save money or something. The master bathroom is really not my favorite.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:58 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,210,895 times
Have only showered for.....10s of years. Can't remember last time I took a bath. Maybe when I was a baby

I'd rather have a wheelchair friendly shower for aging in place, injuries, surgeries etc.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:37 PM

50 posts, read 40,409 times
I like a Master with both, even though I rarely use a tub. The reason I barely use the one of my current house is because it is so tiny. I really feel like they make tubs for kids these days, and I want something nice and deep I can soak in, which I will be installing in my new house. I feel your pain OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate