U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 06:50 AM

28 posts, read 9,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
So you dropped it $2,000. What move is that supposed to do exactly? Its not even a blip on the screen. When I was shopping for a house with a friend, those teeny drops turned us away; made us think the seller isnt serious about negotiating. How long do you plan on staying at that price before you make another $2,000 drop? And then another? And another? If you will make 3 or 4 of those drops, why not make it entire drop now, so people searching will see it? It sounds like no matter what, you have to sell it. Wouldnt you rather sooner than later?
Wasn’t my call. I was fortunate to get a price drop at all. I wanted $10k. My “wife” told the realtor if it drops another penny she won’t sign off. As I alluded to this situation is awful. My hands are cuffed and I’m losing my mind...should have professional photos this week though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
A price drop for less than $10k in your prince range is meaningless. Someone would just go ahead and offer $5k less on your current price if it were that close for them.
I wish they would...

Old 09-23-2019, 06:53 AM

9,667 posts, read 8,180,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan4life87 View Post
Wasn’t my call. I was fortunate to get a price drop at all. I wanted $10k. My “wife” told the realtor if it drops another penny she won’t sign off. As I alluded to this situation is awful. My hands are cuffed and I’m losing my mind...should have professional photos this week though

Pro photos certainly can't hurt. Good luck and hang in there. I don't envy you your situation with the "other party" involved in this sale.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:54 AM

24,537 posts, read 18,267,023 times
The thing I don't particularly is the carpet with very light walls. It's too much "bright" IMO.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 AM

12,330 posts, read 18,244,054 times
OP, your house is beautiful. If it was here in Chicago I would buy it in a heartbeat..lol
But if it was here in my neighborhood it would cost a whole lot more than 300k...
Here, a house at that price range gets you as small bungalow zipcode 60630

Old 09-23-2019, 07:40 AM

Thanks everyone for the responses. Sorry I’ve been MIA, things at home kinda went to hell this weekend. Thankfully have another showing today though. Maybe they’ll be the ones.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP, your house is beautiful. If it was here in Chicago I would buy it in a heartbeat..lol
But if it was here in my neighborhood it would cost a whole lot more than 300k...
Here, a house at that price range gets you as small bungalow zipcode 60630
There’s a couple from Chicago who is currently most interested in our home. Trying to get more info on when they’re looking to purchase

Old 09-23-2019, 07:47 AM

44,621 posts, read 43,132,051 times
Sorry this is happening to you. A year from now it will all be over with and the house sale drama will be a distant memory. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 AM

1,543 posts, read 698,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan4life87 View Post
There’s a couple from Chicago who is currently most interested in our home. Trying to get more info on when they’re looking to purchase
When my daughter's house sold in Farragut....you know, the house without the bonus room all the other lookers wanted....it was to a buyer who was relocating from Pennsylvania for a new job and was in TN on a house hunting weekend. You might have more luck with buyers from states that don't have as much new development. They are more used to older housing stock and come to Tennessee thrilled at what they can get for their money. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 AM

4,351 posts, read 7,013,137 times
Spotless home and nicely put together. I looked at all 3 of the listings you showed but the one thing that blew me out of the game (if I were a buyer) was the video walk through. If your home is 2400 sq ft it didn't look anyway near that. It looked extremely small and cramped in that video. I didn't feel that way with the photos I saw before that.

I also thought your house lacked any color. Nothing to catch my eye or remember. Even the throws were vanilla and everything blended in. Not a memorable house if I am looking a several at a time.

4 bedrooms --one must not have a closet? since one listing said 3 plus a den that could be a 4th bedroom.

Lead with family friendly words, the 3 car garage (which means storage to buyers), are schools close by, shopping.

Something needs to express your need to move- NOW. You need to be the lowest price in your neighborhood and represent the most value to buyers. If that means dropping your price, then drop your price. Or, put Seller Relocating in the ads. That should strike some buyers to move. They think they will get a deal.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or