U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:14 PM

3,837 posts, read 9,376,887 times

Advertisements

My house is currently listed with realtor. My contract with him expires in days. My contract also says that if I get another realtor and a buyer previously shown the house buys it, I owe commission to my former listing agent. This is for 30 days after my contract with him expires.

I'm still showing and hoping the house sells. To be clear: I'm still working with my realtor and have lowered the price and done everything he's asked me to do. But if it doesn't sell, I plan to sell to an ibuyer. I have a few questions about when to contact ibuyer:

1) should i contact ibuyer right after my current contract expires?

2) should I contact ibuyer after 90 days (when MLS resets days on market in my area)?

3) should I wait until early spring?

What do you think?
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:21 PM

9,986 posts, read 7,517,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
My house is currently listed with realtor. My contract with him expires in days. My contract also says that if I get another realtor and a buyer previously shown the house buys it, I owe commission to my former listing agent. This is for 30 days after my contract with him expires.

I'm still showing and hoping the house sells. To be clear: I'm still working with my realtor and have lowered the price and done everything he's asked me to do. But if it doesn't sell, I plan to sell to an ibuyer. I have a few questions about when to contact ibuyer:

1) should i contact ibuyer right after my current contract expires?

2) should I contact ibuyer after 90 days (when MLS resets days on market in my area)?

3) should I wait until early spring?

What do you think?
I don't think you're right on the bolded part, but I don't have your contract in front of me. Generally, the protection clauses say if you re-list with another agent, your current agent is owed nothing. It's usually JUST to stop sellers and buyers from colluding with each other to avoid having to pay one or both Realtors.

if you're contacting Opendoor or Knock, you can probably do it the day your agreement ends/sign leaves your yard. They don't employ the type of agents who take the time to check and see if your house was even listed.

And you may as well do it "now". If you don't like your price they offer you, then you can wait until spring and they're going to start all over with you.

Old Today, 12:23 PM

9,986 posts, read 7,517,172 times
and I'll say what many other agents have said over the years - it's easier and you can get more accurate help if you just add on to your existing "I'm selling my house, here are the issues/questions I have" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or