U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,567,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
A savings of 2% on $750,000 = $15,000. Could be more if you find your own buyer or get a buyer's agant to go for 2%.....?

That's worth it to me.......

Oh, you checked with Redfin in your locale already and ...

1. they offer 1% there, not 1.5% like many of their markets?
2. They allow what's known as non-exclusive agency, whereby if a Buyer comes with no representation then you don't pay a Buyers Agent fee?
3. The MLS in your area, of which Redfin is a member, allows them to readily change the compensation offered/paid, based upon who is making the offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,567,139 times
so, is your house a 3,500 sqft home worth $750K, or a 2,500 sqft home worth $750K? And what's with the big difference between the 2?

Old Today, 07:09 AM

9,180 posts, read 18,277,844 times
Is anyone else starting to wonder if this whole thread is cleverly hidden Redfin advertisement?

Old Today, 08:36 AM

597 posts, read 90,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Oh, you checked with Redfin in your locale already and ...

1. they offer 1% there, not 1.5% like many of their markets?
2. They allow what's known as non-exclusive agency, whereby if a Buyer comes with no representation then you don't pay a Buyers Agent fee?
3. The MLS in your area, of which Redfin is a member, allows them to readily change the compensation offered/paid, based upon who is making the offer?
No, I haven't contacted anyone yet...we are 6 months out from doing anything, I'm just doing research so I can make an informed decision on which way to go. We have asked a couple of my wife's bunko friends, who are realtors, for their opinion on price. They both came back with the exact same number, so it is at least a good starting point.

I appreciate the help from everyone.

Old Today, 08:39 AM

597 posts, read 90,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
so, is your house a 3,500 sqft home worth $750K, or a 2,500 sqft home worth $750K? And what's with the big difference between the 2?
Actually, it is a 2000 SF with a separate guest house. Obviously there is a price per Sf, but other than that, I'm not aware of the difference.....other than bigger is better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate