U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

544 posts, read 286,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBierstadt View Post
Yes. I would pursue this angle, even going so far as to contact the owners' insurance companies and letting them know the local fire department does not have unimpeded access to the insureds' properties.
Or the local fire Marshall / Chief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

19,002 posts, read 20,971,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
Yes, who's responsible for the road? The upkeep, shoveling, keeping holes filled? Who pays for anything needed for the road? If it's private, isn't is sort of co-owned/cared for by the neighbors? If so what percentage wins a vote? Can you get that majority to vote on the trash at the end of the road?

I will say people who like what looks like their trash to us, can love their stuff fiercely with not reason.
Usually in a situation where you have to give easement the “road” is maintained by the person who needs the easement.

Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

9,635 posts, read 8,581,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Visual aid.
Her property line is where you see red lines, or right at the container edge. Though she claims it to be much more into the street.
It's been left like this for weeks.
Load all of it up in a truck and drop it off in her front yard.

Quote:
Brother, you can't take her stuff. It's theft.
Not if you take it to her home.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

4,355 posts, read 1,748,853 times
you took her stuff without her permission.
WHERE you take it to does not matter.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

5,583 posts, read 2,882,418 times
Your first mistake was calling the sheriff. What you should have done was to wait until she wasn't home, then load the stuff up and take it to the dump.

Rural Washington is like that. Where I lived there's a guy who claims the dirt road in front of his house is on his property and it isn't an easement, even though there are at least six other houses along both sides of that road. So he blocks it off with his vans and a gate and people have to go the slightly longer way around to get to their houses. He'd never get away with that in a regular suburb.

Old Today, 02:01 AM

7,347 posts, read 4,056,239 times
Quote:
My rental property is adjacent to a private road with 4 mobile homes on it.
Dead end home owner did a garage sale about 2 months ago and then just left "stuff" as is.
Now that rainy season is back in our state of WA, plus fall storms, all the leftovers are getting marinated in the rain, tents torn by wind, plastic covers and small light items flying everywhere.
Neighbor across that street, good pal of mine, talked to that owner few times asking her to clean up the street. No response, she said "I'll be doing another g sale" and that's it.
They called sheriff office, deputy finally showed up, talked to owner, turned around and "advised" to "have this resolved with the neighbor".
When asked, if it will be Ok to bring pickup truck and just clean it themselves, he replied that it will be illegal and they can't do it.
Now my buddy is stuck with street that looks like dump and non responsive owner who simply ignores them.

Any functional suggestions?
County and municipality will not get involved as "this is private road and civil matter".

They are trying to keep the street clean and plan on moving out and renting their mobile home. Of course, with street looking like that, renting becomes problematic. They do not have access blocked to their property, though neighbor once did put barricades across the street claiming it as "private proprty do not enter" but removed them when asked to do so.

When looking to purchase property on a private road in the future investigate to see what the deed, covenants and restrictions says to address such potentialities.

Old Today, 12:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
30,607 posts, read 55,657,062 times
It is, as they told you, a civil matter. That means you could hire an attorney or go to small claims court to sue for something like lower property values or pain and suffering. Hopefully just a threat of a suit would get them to do something, but I wouldn't count on it. My guess is they just don't have the money to even take it to the dumps.

Old Today, 01:48 PM

4,559 posts, read 8,561,647 times
1 anonymous email address
2 public wifi
3 setup craigslist account
4. list an ad "free yardsale, everything is free, take what you want, address"

Old Today, 07:18 PM

7,792 posts, read 18,907,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBierstadt View Post
Yes. I would pursue this angle, even going so far as to contact the owners' insurance companies and letting them know the local fire department does not have unimpeded access to the insureds' properties.
And how, pray tell, would you go about discovering this information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate