U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:49 AM

10,741 posts, read 6,142,744 times

Advertisements

I don't see how the seller is at fault in any way. He met with the agent and was told his pricing was right on target. This was a professional opinion, advice he is paying for. I also have a major problem with the agent not following up on the interest from the sister as well as the agent's comments in a previous post about ignoring such requests. If I see a house on Zillow my first reaction would be to contact the agent, why wouldn't I? Why do agents feel these inquiries are just a waste of time? That makes zero sense to me, we all look at homes through these sites, we should all expect the selling agent to get back to us if we were interested in a property. If it sat this long then obviously the agent is negligent, if it's over priced well that's on the agent as well as he/she said the pricing was in line.

Yeah I'd call the broker and explain in detail everything that has taken place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 05:36 AM

6,729 posts, read 3,735,163 times
“ He then tells me he doesn't like that we have no interest and says our interests are not on the same page.”

This is what I’d go to the broker with.

If the agent doesn’t think he can sell at the current price it’s not in his interest to keep working it. Agree to disagree and part ways.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:58 AM

557 posts, read 210,791 times
This is why we do NOT SIGN 6 MONTH listing agreements. I will sign a 3 month with re-up if resigned. Any decent agent should get it sold in 3 months in my market and that means pricing it correctly to generate traffic looking and even some buyers agents queries. 6 month listing makes agents lazy, waiting for another agent to sell it.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:04 AM

2,002 posts, read 382,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
This is why we do NOT SIGN 6 MONTH listing agreements. I will sign a 3 month with re-up if resigned. Any decent agent should get it sold in 3 months in my market and that means pricing it correctly to generate traffic looking and even some buyers agents queries. 6 month listing makes agents lazy, waiting for another agent to sell it.
This is a valuable tip for anyone considering selling their house and looking for a real estate agent, so they're not trapped for half a year with a dud.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:48 AM

14,125 posts, read 33,346,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sure, he could have replied. I agree that he obviously sounds unmotivated. But that's not usually the way most buyers operate, emailing agents based on an internet listing. But an online query is just that - another form of looky-loo.
This isn't true. I have consumers email me all of the time off of my listing online that are real buyers. It is really common for buyers to "not want to bother" their buyer agent so they contact the listing agent. It is very common behavior of real buyers.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:00 AM

19,049 posts, read 21,013,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sure, he could have replied. I agree that he obviously sounds unmotivated. But that's not usually the way most buyers operate, emailing agents based on an internet listing. But an online query is just that - another form of looky-loo.

Buyers' agents should be scheduling showings. Is your house listed on the MLS???
Who cares how most buyers operate. You only need one.

The agent SHOULD chase down every lead. That’s what he is being hired to do. If the agent is unresponsive because he thinks it’s a waste of time get a agent who thinks opposite. A good agent would case fish the lead find if the person has representation and/or prequalify the buyer to the sellers requirements and set appointment to show.

When I was looking for houses I called asking ifvthe house as available. I was proactive in the search. If the house was available I called my agent to set appointment. Sometimes I just called my agent.
If I was selling and someone contacted my agent and my agent refused or just didn’t follow up....especially if he said “our interests don’t match” there would be a fired agent.
Your contract isn’t going to hold me hostage for months. I would never sign such long contract. I would do 30 days renewable. The more I read about these incompetent “ professionals “ the less I want anything to do with them.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:18 AM

20,456 posts, read 38,206,316 times
Saying "our interests don't match up" sounds like the agent is trying to figure out how to fire you. (Yes, agents can fire buyers or sellers, and do.)

Old 09-28-2019, 11:20 AM

20,456 posts, read 38,206,316 times
As said before, when someone clicks on a house on Zilllow, Trulia, etc., it doesn't necessarily go to the listing agent. Agents pay to be "Preferred Agent" or whatever the term of the particular forum is, and the click could very well have gone to one of them who didn't follow up on it.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:30 PM

21,621 posts, read 12,271,104 times
When you look at Trulia, it doesn't say "contact the listing agent", it says "contact a local agent." So that part is irrelevant.

But as for the rest of it, it sounds like he doesn't even know which house is yours, and that is a pretty uninvolved place to be.

I would definitely start with the managing broker, see if there is someone else in the agency that would be a better fit, and if not, get released from the contract and try again with someone else. And this time, ask up front about having a video preview (I personally don't ever bother to look at them but if it's the norm for houses in your area at your price point, you might as well have one) and whatever other things you think are missing from your current listing. And make sure you are on the same page with your new agent before you sign a listing agreement.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM

44,715 posts, read 43,201,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
This isn't true. I have consumers email me all of the time off of my listing online that are real buyers. It is really common for buyers to "not want to bother" their buyer agent so they contact the listing agent. It is very common behavior of real buyers.
For you. Not in my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Who cares how most buyers operate. You only need one.
That's the biggest lie inexperienced sellers tell themselves.

Yes, you only NEED one, but you want to appeal to as many as possible to get to that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or