Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:57 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I agree with you, something is wrong if no one has wanted to see the house in 60 days. Are the pictures attractive? You seriously think you're in the ball park on price?

FWIW, regarding your "test"... I have never once gotten a lead from an interested buyer from Trulia. I am not sure if any have ever sent me notes on our listings from there, but if they have, they may have either gone to other paid "Premier Agents" or to spam folders... But wherever they went, I didn't see them. Trulia or Zillow may be fun for browsing houses, but they're not good ways to actually contact agents. Most agents don't use them or pay attention to them much at all. They are spam generators.
in addition, the Realtor wasn't contacted by an interested Buyer.

and as noted, there is no way to confirm anyone that filled out ANY form on a 3rd party website was actually sent to the listing agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 05:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Get a lawyer to terminate the contract.

This is typical realtor bs. They promise the world until you sign the contract. Once you sign, they got you. So course he said that . Because that’s the tactic. It’s not selling...... it must be the price not the agents mediocrity, bad consulting tactics or uselessness. You need to lower the price because he is looking for his commission. I mean hey what’s a few hundred bucks out of his commission and tens of thousands out of your bottom line? It’s nothing for him.
Let’s say your price was just out there never going to happen. Ok why not tell the person hey your price is not realistic. No instead they took the contract, and are simply wearing you down in the long term as you can just end it so the can now work you on price until you get so insane frustrated upset you just want him and the house to go away. That’s what they count on.

Call and consult a lawyer
this is NOT universal, but it is pervasive among lower-quality agents.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:38 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
To the OP if you feel your agent is unproductive go straight to the Broker and express your concerns.
Believe it or not carrying a "Listing" doesn't make them money.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:48 PM

43 posts, read 21,330 times
How does one find out who the managing broker is? What is my reasoning to him or her to be let out of the contract w/o any fees?

Old 09-28-2019, 09:50 PM

43 posts, read 21,330 times
On the real estate web site, you can select the broker to contact. I've done this before when I purchased the house several years ago. The agent responded in about a day.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post
How does one find out who the managing broker is? What is my reasoning to him or her to be let out of the contract w/o any fees?
The listing broker should be on your listing contract. As for termination fees that should be in your listing contract as well.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:46 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
this is NOT universal, but it is pervasive among lower-quality agents.
Unfortunately you gotta weed through all the chaff. I had two great agents in 25 years. The sad thing is it seems that there are more lower quality agents than ever before. Three years ago I bought a house. While looking I had agents that if I wasn’t bidding on the first pos they showed they were gone like the wind.

I won’t even talk to anyone who hasn’t done it full time for at least 5/6 years. And I mean full time. I ask everything. How long do your properties stay on market. How close are list to sale prices, how many do you list how many buyers do you represent. How many clients are you currently handling, how many deals are you running. Do you have any assistants, when are you not reachable and do you notify clients you’re not available. (I’m taking you’re out of town not available not night time I go to bed not available)
What’s sad is this agent should be following up, while there is a chance third party contacts don’t work, I list all my rentals and Trulia/Zillow carry the listing and I have contacted myself through those sites the email gets to me.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:38 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Get a lawyer to terminate the contract.

This is typical realtor bs. They promise the world until you sign the contract. Once you sign, they got you. So course he said that . Because that’s the tactic. It’s not selling...... it must be the price not the agents mediocrity, bad consulting tactics or uselessness. You need to lower the price because he is looking for his commission. I mean hey what’s a few hundred bucks out of his commission and tens of thousands out of your bottom line? It’s nothing for him.
Let’s say your price was just out there never going to happen. Ok why not tell the person hey your price is not realistic. No instead they took the contract, and are simply wearing you down in the long term as you can just end it so the can now work you on price until you get so insane frustrated upset you just want him and the house to go away. That’s what they count on.

Call and consult a lawyer
Very good advice!

Commissioned sales people are working only for a commission so do not rely on anything they say. You could get an appraisal to professionally determine what your house is worth rather just a guess. Also, having an inspection report will ease the buyers mind but they should also get their own.

You need a lawyer, especially if you use a commissioned sales person to monitor the process and represent you, not the sale. Without the salesperson, you need the lawyer and a good escrow agent to do a FSBO. It isn't rocket science to fill out a standard sales form.

Best of luck to you.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:47 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Look I'm not going to make excuses for your agent, there are tons of bad ones. Reality is, it doesn't matter for 95% of the houses for sale.

I will say this. Agents don't really sell homes. Unless it is unique, very high priced or some other factor that makes the pool of buyers super tiny, your agent doesn't do anything but put it in MLS and answer their phone.

Open houses don't sell homes
Ads in news papers or magazines generally don't sell homes

So long as you are on MLS and pulling up on Zillow and Trulia etc you are going to get all the traffic you need in order to sell. If you aren't selling AND not getting visits, there is something wrong with the listing. Price is high most likely or there is something undesirable about the property, pictures etc that is telling perspective buyers "Nope!"

Have a friend call the agent directly to set up a showing if you are concerned the agent is a drunk or something and not answering is phone at all. Otherwise, you have something wrong with the listing.

There are certainly good and bad agents. Reality is unless the guy isn't answering his phone and ignoring showings (detrimental to his own interests) it really doesn't matter if he is bad or not. You should still get showings.

Showing where you live is very personal, especially online. I wouldn't' recommend doing it but if you want to post the listing we can take a look and tell you what the problem is.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:49 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Very good advice!

Commissioned sales people are working only for a commission so do not rely on anything they say. You could get an appraisal to professionally determine what your house is worth rather just a guess. Also, having an inspection report will ease the buyers mind but they should also get their own.

You need a lawyer, especially if you use a commissioned sales person to monitor the process and represent you, not the sale. Without the salesperson, you need the lawyer and a good escrow agent to do a FSBO. It isn't rocket science to fill out a standard sales form.

Best of luck to you.

Do you know anything at all about the subject upon which you routinely troll with blissful inanities?
Or is copy/paste your entire real estate education?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnw231AeVu0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate