U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:55 AM

9,187 posts, read 18,280,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do you know anything at all about the subject upon which you routinely troll with blissful inanities?
Or is copy/paste your entire real estate education?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnw231AeVu0
I'm actually wondering at this point if she is paid to troll?

OP...several people mentioned it, but you have an obvious pricing issue as well. If you were in the ballpark you'd have had at least a few showings. You need a major price reduction, probably at least 10%.

Sorry that the agent sucks. You could perhaps request a new one from the Broker, but without a price reduction it won't make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 12:19 PM

4,590 posts, read 5,568,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post
Just to give the benefit of the doubt, I had my neighbor do my a favor and submit a request for more information online. He's yet to hear back from the agent. I, on the other hand, reached out to the agents on homes that I am interested in moving for more information online. Amazingly, they all responded. I am not crazy here..

I am ordering a home appraisal and once I have that, I will send an email to the agent CC'ing his broker stating I want out of the contract since he's basically doing nothing. Case-in-point, two separate people reached out to him, and he didn't respond to any of those inquries.

Why become a realtor if you are going to do zero work?
No, you are NOT crazy, just read the many threads/posts regarding salespersons behavior. Notice the level of their personal attacks if you speak the truth on so many threads, it speaks volumes about their ethics!

Sales people are trained to manipulate and hide facts for the purpose of getting a commission. It is easy work to just complete a pre-printed form which is why they aren't paid for what they actually do. No need to change realtors as it will be just more of the same so look into doing it yourself and save your own money with fewer headaches. Professional legal advice is cheaper than regrets after the ink has dried on their papers.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
No, you are NOT crazy, just read the many threads/posts regarding salespersons behavior. Notice the level of their personal attacks if you speak the truth on so many threads, it speaks volumes about their ethics!
Just because the OP is a new poster, I'll respond to Heidi once more.

OP, ~10% of the agents are really good. You have to do a little research and some interviews to find one fo the 10%. It's a bummer you got a dud. The good agents would like the bad agents out of the market. All they do is take money from the good ones, make the good agents (and the clients) lives harder, and give the industry bad reputation. The majority of the agents are average and have good intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Sales people are trained to manipulate and hide facts for the purpose of getting a commission. It is easy work to just complete a pre-printed form which is why they aren't paid for what they actually do.
This is such a stupid statement for several reasons I had to point it out and why.
Pay: I wish I was paid for what I actually did. There are plenty of times I don't get paid for the work I do and that's why commissions are high. We take all the risk. If pay was guaranteed commissions wouldn't be so high.
Manipulation: Yes, I'm sure that agent manipulated the facts on purpose to get the seller to list too high, so it never sells and he doesn't get paid. Brilliant plan! More than likely he thought he had a chance to sell it at that price, but after going on the market he realized he was wrong. That is the far more common occurrence.

You've never shared your profession with us Heidi, but I'm curious what you do? Many of us agents here aren't hiding behind a SN, but you are.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:24 PM

17 posts, read 3,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I'm actually wondering at this point if she is paid to troll?

OP...several people mentioned it, but you have an obvious pricing issue as well. If you were in the ballpark you'd have had at least a few showings. You need a major price reduction, probably at least 10%.

Sorry that the agent sucks. You could perhaps request a new one from the Broker, but without a price reduction it won't make a difference.
Perhaps, as three other homes priced reduced. I just don't want to ruin it for an agent that actually works. If I reduce now, and then have to reduce with another agent, it would be lower than what it is now. That's the problem I am mentally facing. Obviously, this agent doesn't care as he just wants his commission anyway possible. I ordered an independent apprasial so I know where I should price. That sees the most logical next step.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 PM

9,084 posts, read 8,321,180 times
You need to understand how the real estate business works.

1...A listing agent places the home on the market.

2...Rarely does the listing agent or listing office work with the buyers of the property. Buyers are constantly told, to use a buyers agent (not the listing agent or office to but property,

3...As no one is showing the home, the listing agent has no control over the fact, no one is showing your home. The other agents that would be the ones showing your home, are finding it impossible to find someone even interested enough in your home to even look at it.

THIS INDICATES, THERE IS A PROBLEM TURNING BUYERS AWAY FROM EVEN LOOKING AT YOUR HOME. LETS LOOK AT POTENTIAL PROBLEMS.

1...Home is overpriced, at your asking price. Your agent has already told you that, but you refuse to do so, so your home sits on the market unsold.

2...There ere other neighborhoods equally desirable or more so than yours, for the same price or less that are attracting the buyers, making your home harder to sell.

3...You indicate your home is older. Has it been upgraded to H&G modern standards, and if not, that will turn off younger buyers and many others today, greatly reducing your potential buyers pool. Price reduction is only way to beat this problem.

If one ore more of these 3 problems are keeping your home from even being shown, changing agents is not going to make people wanting to view your home
which has had a lot of views on the internet, every one of them has said to themselves,,,,NOT INTERESTED....or there would have been at least a few showings.

NO SHOWINGS INDICATE ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE PROBLEMS EXIST, AND AS SEVERAL HAVE TOLD YOU, THE SOLUTION TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, WILL BE TO CUT THE PRICE TO THE POINT THE BUYERS WILL BUY YOUR PROBLEM HOME.

Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Quote:
P... If I reduce now, and then have to reduce with another agent, it would be lower than what it is now. That's the problem I am mentally facing. ...
You mentally need to accept that no matter who your agent is, or what you want, your home needs a price reduction. Right now you are so overpriced nobody is even coming to look at it in person.

Yes, the price might be lower, but then you might sell. Otherwise you may as well take it off the market and plan to stay there for at least year.

Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM

3,856 posts, read 9,400,924 times
OP, drop the agent. Trust me on this. I just got out of a contract after 3 months. I'm in a seller's market, days on market were about 31 (according to lates data) and my house did not sell. I did a 15% drop and, after 90 days, still didn't sell. I wasted 3 months of my life and the stress of showings for naught. I regret not ditching my agent sooner.

FWIW, he priced the house, he also refused to drop the price at my request.

Here's what I learned: it's all about price. Once you start dropping the price, you are chasing the market and people start to wonder what is wrong with your house. You have a brief window at the onset to generate interest from buyers and other agents. You have to have the right price from the beginning.

It's also about condition: buyers want HGTV. I have seen houses in my neighborhood with a 20 + year old roof, mis-matched windows, and damaged siding sell for top dollar if they have that horrible gray paint, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. Oh, and a fire pit. If you don't have the HGTV upgrades, you have to lower the price.

If your price is too high, other agents will use your house as the bounce house. Look it up. This is not good for you.

This is going to sound harsh, but agents who get that initial price wrong just can't recover from the mistake and it's best to move on.

You have to find an agent who understands buyer wants and pricing.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

My neighbor brought a friend of his by along with his wife and kids. They want to buy the home 25k lower than I listed. Since I and my neighbor made this deal, not the realtor (can't even get him on the phone), how do I get rid of him so I can complete the sale? Already received proof of funds and they are pre-approved with a mortgage. It just happened to be that they were looking for a home in the area.

Old Today, 09:53 AM

Quote:
...Since I and my neighbor made this deal, not the realtor (can't even get him on the phone), how do I get rid of him so I can complete the sale? ...
You probably can't. You may be able to get him to handle the sale for a reduced commission if you find a buyer, but you'll have to ask to find out. I don't recommend going behind his back because by selling during the agency agreement you may end up owing him a commission if he found out and took you to court. Aside from that, they found the home for sale because of his marketing even if they approached you instead of him.

Old Today, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
You probably can't. You may be able to get him to handle the sale for a reduced commission if you find a buyer, but you'll have to ask to find out. I don't recommend going behind his back because by selling during the agency agreement you may end up owing him a commission if he found out and took you to court. Aside from that, they found the home for sale because of his marketing even if they approached you instead of him.
They found out about the home through my neighbor, not his marketing. Aside from a flyer three months ago, there's been no marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or