U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Today, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
6,372 posts, read 3,560,114 times
Reputation: 17208

Advertisements

Yeah but how does your neighbor know the house is for sale?

Is there a sign in the yard?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 11:02 AM
 
17 posts, read 3,384 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Yeah but how does your neighbor know the house is for sale?

Is there a sign in the yard?
The neighbor knows I've been looking to sell for some time. No, no sign in the yard.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
9,187 posts, read 18,280,549 times
Reputation: 6876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post
The neighbor knows I've been looking to sell for some time. No, no sign in the yard.
Why don't you have a sign? HOA regulations, or condo or something? Just curious. Regardless, chances are your case wouldn't hold up in court if you try to cut him out like you're doing. Part of me hates a lazy and non-responsive agent being rewarded with a sale, but ethically when you signed a contract with him you agreed not to try and backdoor him.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:53 PM
 
17 posts, read 3,384 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Why don't you have a sign? HOA regulations, or condo or something? Just curious. Regardless, chances are your case wouldn't hold up in court if you try to cut him out like you're doing. Part of me hates a lazy and non-responsive agent being rewarded with a sale, but ethically when you signed a contract with him you agreed not to try and backdoor him.

All due respect, I am 100% ethical. If he did anything to help sell the house, he'd be entitled to the commission. This buyer came from my neighbor and had nothing to do with the marketing. So, I do not know how he's entitled to anything. I can just hold off until it expires anyway. If a person does the work, they deserve to get paid. No work was done on his part.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
6,372 posts, read 3,560,114 times
Reputation: 17208
Question was, why no sign in the yard? It is curious...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
9,187 posts, read 18,280,549 times
Reputation: 6876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post
All due respect, I am 100% ethical. If he did anything to help sell the house, he'd be entitled to the commission. This buyer came from my neighbor and had nothing to do with the marketing. So, I do not know how he's entitled to anything. I can just hold off until it expires anyway. If a person does the work, they deserve to get paid. No work was done on his part.
Read your ERS. It will address your question.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:03 PM
 
6,775 posts, read 3,747,180 times
Reputation: 6239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post
All due respect, I am 100% ethical. If he did anything to help sell the house, he'd be entitled to the commission. This buyer came from my neighbor and had nothing to do with the marketing. So, I do not know how he's entitled to anything. I can just hold off until it expires anyway. If a person does the work, they deserve to get paid. No work was done on his part.
Unfortunately thatís not how it works if you have an agreement in place.

If you agree to 6% then even if the agent does nothing to get you that buyer they are entitled to the commission.

Get out of the agreement or hold off until it expires, then approach the neighbor if you like.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top