U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

567 posts, read 215,545 times

Advertisements

I've belonged to a non-profit that raises scholarship money by having Home Tours once a year, during tourist season. Wildly popular it raised $24,000 last year at $20/ticket due to peoples curiosity and fascination with seeing other peoples homes. It's not just million dollar homes, there is a mix of small, large, artsy, waterfront, collector decor, etc.

Online (for FREE) I can tour homes I've always been curious about but only when they become listed for sale, sometimes a once in a lifetime event. No intention of buying, just looking, OK nooze-boxing.

My recent fave listing belongs to a million dollar trust fund lady in the town I was born in (don't live there now) and it has been so much fun taking a visual tour, seeing the inside, for me the art on the walls is the most interesting (I paint) but flooring and furniture including window treatments are also fascinating. List price just under $20 mil.

She's owned it over 50 years, maybe inherited it and it's completely one of a kind inside and out. Oceanfront and lakefront both, lots of property and gardens. Just one of her many properties, others in Palm Beach, Martha's Vineyard, Caribbean and Europe. Unlike Architectural Digest which is mostly nouveau riche showing off, this house is old money and only her friends or the help would ever get to see the inside...until now.

Hmmm Palm Beach gives me an idea to go look at their multi-million dollar listings. See how the other half lives (and decorates).

Last edited by twinkletwinkle22; Yesterday at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM

3,531 posts, read 4,083,342 times
Fun, and free entertainment. Kudos to you for discovering this. :-)

Old Today, 07:32 AM

10,093 posts, read 7,576,478 times
Zillow reports more than 70MM unique visitors. We'll sell about 7MM homes a year. So there's at least 60MM people that share your hobby.

Old Today, 07:53 AM

4,265 posts, read 7,529,424 times
Itís probably my favorite hobby. Current neighborhood, previous neighborhoods, expensive neighborhoods, etc. always interesting to see how the other half lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate