U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

4,593 posts, read 5,572,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdrogers View Post
FWIW....I listed my house on Zillow 2 days before it became Active in the MLS. Be prepared for a LOT of calls from listing agents trying to get you to list your home with them. Especially, beware of the "I have an active buyer" spiel some agents will use who are trying to get their foot in your front door in an attempt to get you to list with them. And if that isn't enough, be prepared to get a TONS of calls from investors with insultingly low-ball cash offers trying to entice you to sell to them.

I got so many calls from the Zillow listing, but none from qualified buyers who were ready to make an offer on my home. ended up having to mute my phone.

Just something to be prepared for if you decide to list on Zillow.

Your results may vary.

Oh yes, we have sold and bought without realtors and they do use every trick in the book to get their commission. Don't take the bait, it isn't hard to fill out a standard form so we advertise for principles only.

We also found that NOLO has some good books on how to sell your property yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

101 posts, read 251,987 times
To the person who responded about "so many cheap people". I saved $15K by listing with a flat fee MLS service. I consider that smart....not cheap.

I will say that I am in a sellers market and received 4 offers after one weekend of showings. I will admit...that one weekend of strangers in and out of my home was draining, but for me, it was worth it.

Old Today, 04:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 888,761 times
I am most grateful for all your comments. All of your information and ideas are valuable..

Just want to add. I have been using NOLO books for 15 years. But I did not think about them for real estate. Their books have always been of value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or