U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 08:19 AM

9,353 posts, read 8,091,682 times

Advertisements

Opinions please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:21 AM

9,188 posts, read 18,283,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Opinions please.
Never heard of them, so I looked at the website.

They claim, paraphrasing here, they market directly to buyers using predictive analytics. They don't pay a co-broke and I don't see anything about them listing on MLS which means very little exposure to potential buyers compared to a traditional broker. They also claim they save you money by only charging 2%. The fewer buyers that aware the home is for sale, the less likely a seller is to get top dollar.

My questions initially:
Are they really reaching your best or even that many buyers? How are relocation buyers finding about your home? Can they really save you money if the home gets less exposure to potential buyers?

In a market like Columbia, SC our average price is 175,000. 6% commission would be $10,500 and my sellers on average negotiate off 1% of price which which is $1,750. My sellers are netting 162,750.

Their formula would, IMO, average a lower sales price and probably longer days on market in many areas. I also see they are mostly in high dollar bubble markets that high appreciation and limited inventory. Let's say they get 95% of asking price and charge $9,000 commission (minimum, remember). Net is 157,250.

I find their claims dubious, but I also understand they are trying to appeal to what people want to believe.
Ex - "We work for you, not commission." I'd say not true, they are indeed working for commission, apparently 2% with a minimum of $9,000 based on that slide chart.

Probably works out alright for some people based on the markets they are in, not as well for others. I'm skeptical it would work well outside of the low inventory markets. If I were a seller/buyer, I would want to see them succeed on a larger scale before I tried it I think. I realize that comes across with bias since I'm an agent, but I did my best to put myself in the shoes of a customer. I admit as a customer their claims sound appealing, but as someone in the industry I see through the ads.

Old Today, 09:46 AM

10,982 posts, read 29,671,037 times
They advertise heavily on fb and radio here, but they are not members of the mls.

They rely on unrepresented buyers, finding the property via website or sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or