U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 06:55 PM

42 posts, read 20,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If you refuse, they can probably solve the name issue after the sale.

If you want out of the deal, that's not the buyer's fault. Tell us why you need out of the deal. Better yet.... tell your buyer or get a lawyer and work toward solutions.
If I do want to move on with the sell,even I will lose a lot of money.
I just want to make sure when closing,i am selling to the buyer in the contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 07:04 PM

287 posts, read 71,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmsurfer View Post
If I do want to move on with the sell,even I will lose a lot of money.
I just want to make sure when closing,i am selling to the buyer in the contract.
Seriously, why do you care who the buyer is? As long as they have good funds to close it doesn’t matter whatsoever who the buyer is or how they title the property. And the fact that you are losing money has noting to do with who the buyer is. Finally, virtually all PSA’s that I have seen allow for the assignment of the PSA to an another buyer without consent from the seller. You have no control of this issue.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
If I were the buyer, I would be irritated that you believe additional compensation is due, based on how the buyer titles the property ... or why you should care (?) - What am I missing here? - Please clarify.
I do want to move on to sell.
When I walk into the title company office to sign,I just do not want to find out I am going to sell to a ABC company.(A company I do not know.)And my contract is for Mr. BuyerA.
I can go to jail ?
I just ask my realtor for this question.
I am waiting for answer.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:30 PM

287 posts, read 71,438 times
Quote:
When I walk into the title company office to sign,I just do not want to find out I am going to sell to a ABC company.(A company I do not know.)And my contract is for Mr. BuyerA.
I can go to jail ?
I just ask my realtor for this question.
I am waiting for answer.
You have ZERO risk in this transaction. Collect your money and move on.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:19 PM

6,441 posts, read 3,632,671 times
No risk to you in this, is right.

No idea where you got this idea, warmsurfer.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:35 PM

5,490 posts, read 2,145,330 times
Did you trying reading the contract?

Old 10-05-2019, 08:50 PM

6,919 posts, read 8,343,382 times
Quote:
For some very good reason I want to keep the house.I refuse to go to closing
Quote:
I will lose a lot of money.
Quote:
You're posting some mixed messages here. I assume that you were competent when you entered the contract and that you didn't enter it under duress. Therefore, the contract is binding and you just need to move forward.

The fact that the buyer wants to place title into the name of his corporation is of little consequence, however, you should know the name ahead of time. It shouldn't be a surprise at closing since the deed and other documents need to be prepared prior to the closing.

There is no risk involved for you to move forward with the closing. There could be considerable problems for you if you don't.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Did you trying reading the contract?
Yes, I did.Contract says nothing about name change.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:20 PM

1,283 posts, read 949,918 times
The title company is the one responsible for making sure all the correct parties are listed on the contracts. You just have to show up and sign.

You mentioned several times that you don’t want to actually sell the property. Why not just be honest about why so that people can help you? Or better yet be honest with your attorney so that they can fix it for you.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:33 PM
AZ8

25 posts, read 12,074 times
Strange thread. I think OP is suffering from sellers remorse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or