U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 07:09 PM

3,415 posts, read 6,299,361 times

Advertisements

Time for the OP to let go and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 09:22 PM

5,523 posts, read 6,827,984 times
No one is required to take any offer. Your Realtor should be able to offer some insight, however. My guess would be that they priced it low expecting many offers. A lot just depends on where you live. My neighbor sold their house at the beginning of the summer. I actually thought they listed high, but they had 4 offers on the first day and sold it for $10K over list price.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:09 AM

6,253 posts, read 2,935,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
You will drive yourself crazy wondering. Maybe they had a cash buyer, someone offered over list price to seal the deal, etc.
This is what I was thinking as well. One doesn't know the motivation of the Seller and they could even take a cash offer with no contingencies and at a lower price too.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:34 AM

11,055 posts, read 4,186,324 times
Someone probably had their realtor keeping an eye on the market there as well and made an offer over listing price, which would have beat out your full price offer. It could have been an all cash offer which also could have beat you out.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:01 AM

10,374 posts, read 4,865,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Itíll be interesting to see what the sale price ends up being.

How will you ever know?

Old 10-07-2019, 08:02 AM

10,374 posts, read 4,865,666 times
Quote:
My guess is that you raised their hopes with a full price offer so soon after listing. Theyíre probably thinking hey, if we got a full price offer this soon, might as well wait and see if we can make more profit.

That might explain sitting on an offer for a few days, especially until after the open house, but not immediately rejecting it.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:12 AM

9,218 posts, read 18,318,619 times
Your offer may have been rejected simply because another one came in that the seller liked better. Perhaps more money, more attractive financing or cash, maybe as is. You just have to stick with it.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:14 AM

9,218 posts, read 18,318,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
I think you did everything right.

Maybe you need a different buyers agent.

Maybe the area is just too hot and quirky. I have been looking in western VA and the market was so hot I was told by a buyers agent to let it cool. It is cooling now and I am looking again.

go forth young grasshopper..
This is stupid comment. What makes you think a different agent writing the same offer has a different result?

Old 10-07-2019, 10:03 AM

10,968 posts, read 10,504,422 times
When faced with multiple offers for our last home, we followed the conventional thinking of taking the offer that presented the easiest path to closing - the conventional one. Those buyers ended up being wishy washy and rescinded their offer. The next one was a VA offer. They offered over asking. We accepted it. Ended up being a very smooth transaction from start to finish because they used a big name lender that specialized in VA loans. They didn't ask for anything and the appraisal ended up not being a big deal - we spent a whopping $500 to add a handrail for the patio stairs. We had our home inspected before we even put it on the market and fixed the few minor issues that were pointed out, so it unsurprisingly passed every buyer inspection. Worth spending a couple hundred to fix a few things here and there to spare one self the inspection tension.

I am so glad that we didn't turn a vet and his family away. They are still happily living in their home, which they obviously can afford despite the fact that they didn't put anything down.

It's a win/win - they got their dream home and we got a nice easy sale.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:16 AM

6,918 posts, read 8,340,915 times
Quote:
Itíll be interesting to see what the sale price ends up being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How will you ever know?
In most states, the sales price is relatively easy to determine. Recorded deeds can easily be looked up and there are often other documents or sources which indicate the sales price as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or