Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
IF these people come by to look again today, and as always, that's a big IF, I don't have time to run out and get an umbrella unless they come this afternoon...in that case should I move the table and chairs back under the patio and stage it there, it would be in the shade..

thanks for all your help. I have been up since 1:30 a.m., went to bed about 11. This is happening all the time, I tried to go back to bed about 3 and felt like I was going to jump out of my skin..so I got up....we need to sell this place, the stress is starting to get to me, I guess...

Sorry, rambling...
I think the note would be lovely. Good-luck! I'll keep my finger crossed for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
Quote:
We have a couple coming by tomorrow with their agent for a second look. I was thinking about baking some cookies before they come...they are an older couple, so i was thinking maybe she is a grandma, who bakes cookies? also we have our patio table and chairs out from under back patio onto our grass, which is artificial but awesome, any ideas on dressing the table up? here is a picture
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Canonpics548.jpg (broken link)
dogmom good luck with the cookies. lemonaide would go nicely with cookies. i set my table up with placemat, summer dish and glass in front of each chair. i also have my beverage bucket next to the table and then a smaller table that has a platter, serving spoon and fork and a bowl.

Beautiful yard!!! good luck today!

Viva if you like wine you'd LOVE my basement. hubby built a HUGE wine rack, he built it under the stairs using terra cotta cylinders. It's really cool and I think we can fit almost 100 bottles (never been able to fill it completely - now we're working on filling it with empty bottles). LOL!!!

Last edited by surfingatwork; 04-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: forgot to wish good luck

Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
dogmom good luck with the cookies. lemonaide would go nicely with cookies. i set my table up with placemat, summer dish and glass in front of each chair. i also have my beverage bucket next to the table and then a smaller table that has a platter, serving spoon and fork and a bowl.

Beautiful yard!!! good luck today!

Viva if you like wine you'd LOVE my basement. hubby built a HUGE wine rack, he built it under the stairs using terra cotta cylinders. It's really cool and I think we can fit almost 100 bottles (never been able to fill it completely - now we're working on filling it with empty bottles). LOL!!!
Surfing..where do you live! I am there! We are in Southern Utah, but we are not of the dominant religion..do you have any riesling?? Or how about chocolate port? And I know a winery that makes a mean almond champagne! I am there! 100 bottles...I have a few I can bring you! LOL!

Back to the subject, hehe...I had a horrible night, finally fell asleep about 6 a.m. and just got up...hubby talked to our agent, he doesn't think the buyers agent will be by until after 3 so i have time to spruce up.

The back yard looks good, there are some flowering plants right now, and we do have desert landscape and the turf which always looks good even in snow LOL...if I can get an umbrella I will leave it on the grass, if not I will bring it into the patio..also here is a picture of our dining area..we don't have a formal dining room...any thoughts on staging it? I don't have any dishes that are snazzy enough to set it...

I'll take a picture of what I do have and then post them for your ideas! I am just about emotionally wiped out at this point...not even able to make decisions by myself anymore, thank goodness for this board!
Barb

Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Dogmom-it is so stressful and I know that crawling out of your skin feeling. I had it when we sold in NJ, last year when we were listed and will be experiencing
soon as we're re-listing.

Your backyard is beautiful and maybe your putting too much stress on yourself. You're in my thoughts and fingers crossed for you.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
Quote:
Surfing..where do you live! I am there! We are in Southern Utah, but we are not of the dominant religion..do you have any riesling?? Or how about chocolate port? And I know a winery that makes a mean almond champagne! I am there! 100 bottles...I have a few I can bring you! LOL!

Back to the subject, hehe...I had a horrible night, finally fell asleep about 6 a.m. and just got up...hubby talked to our agent, he doesn't think the buyers agent will be by until after 3 so i have time to spruce up.

The back yard looks good, there are some flowering plants right now, and we do have desert landscape and the turf which always looks good even in snow LOL...if I can get an umbrella I will leave it on the grass, if not I will bring it into the patio..also here is a picture of our dining area..we don't have a formal dining room...any thoughts on staging it? I don't have any dishes that are snazzy enough to set it...

I'll take a picture of what I do have and then post them for your ideas! I am just about emotionally wiped out at this point...not even able to make decisions by myself anymore, thank goodness for this board!
Barb
I'm in massachusetts come on ummm... up? the wine rack is one of the things i'm going to miss about this home. no basement (or upstairs) in my new home, gonna have to think of another spot for the wine (besides my belly). LOL!!! I LOVE rieslings but they're not good to save, better to drink right away or within a few weeks. i had a really GREAT riesling from Hess, it was yummy! chocolate port i've NEVER had, it sounds great though. hubby and I have one bottle in our wine rack that we've been saving since 2000. it's a 19998 duckhorn cab that we found in a little gourmet shop in maine. we're going to drink it on may 10th because that's our last day/night in our home in massachusetts (moving to VA on the 11th).

Okay back to the subject. can't wait to see pictures. i'm so much better at telling other people what to do than what to do with my own house. i know how you feel right now. was supposed to have a showing today but was cancelled.

Hopefully you can get in a quick cat nap. good luck

Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
We have a couple coming by tomorrow with their agent for a second look. I was thinking about baking some cookies before they come...they are an older couple, so i was thinking maybe she is a grandma, who bakes cookies? also we have our patio table and chairs out from under back patio onto our grass, which is artificial but awesome, any ideas on dressing the table up? here is a picture
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Canonpics548.jpg

(broken link)

Watch out dogman I am a grandmother and I don't bake cookies. I get awesome ones in the bakery dept.
Please try not to stress. I stressed all the time except when we had the two weekend garage sale and that is when the buyer saw our home. All I was thinking about was how much I wanted for certain items.
About the cookies do leave a note saying to take one. When we were looking at homes that is what one seller did and I thought it was a nice touch. We made an offer on her home she had paid for it $113,000 two years ago and was now asking $164,000. She didn't accept though and the house 7 mos later is still for sale. Silly woman.
Much luck being sent your way.
Lorrie

Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
I just got back from the local mom and pop grocery store where I found the BEST staging gaget, a SMORES kit for my charcoal bbq area. I think i've gone staging crazy. Some friends came to visit last weekend so I set up/staged my deck and patio area like I do every time there's a showing or open house and they (my friends) laughed at my work. I have throw pillows and a blanket "casually" thrown on/over my outdoor couch, water in a party bucket, outdoor table set for a casual dinner and I even placed some fish food in a bowl and put it on the bench in front of my pond.

Have I gone completely insane with the smores kit?!?!? WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SELL!

LOL!
When I sold one of my homes in Scottsdale, AZ I always put a bowl of freshly picked lemons between two topiarys. People always commented on that. The woman who ended up buying the house said she noticed those first........

Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Default pictures

Ok here are some pictures...help me!

ok this is what my kitchen/dining table looks like...i have this runner that matches my valances..the table does fold up to be a good sized square. Any thoughts on that?

This is what my dishes look like, do not go with the runner or valances at all.

Now here is a different placemat, napkin with my dishes..any thoughts?

Now if I had some nice patio dishes I could use these on the patio glass table..we decided to move it back under the patio...

for giggles, here is what my kitchen looks like..I can't figure out why someone has not beat down my door for this house LOL

Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
I am beating down the door . I just love your kitchen. I could never give that up.

I think Penney's has patio dishes and we got some dishes at the pool store we went to all the time to get our water tested at a very low price. With that placemat a nice burgandy or Green would look great.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Leave your table just as it is in the last photo. Simple but elegant.

You have a very beautiful home-good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate