U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:57 PM

903 posts, read 3,884,531 times

Advertisements

Favorite home related sites:

(1) City-Data.com

Favorite "registration not required real estate sites," for which I am eternally grateful:

(2) Semonin Realtors - Louisville, KY
(3) REMAX - Properties East - Louisville, KY
(4) Fonville-Morisey Realtor - Raleigh, NC
(5) HPW Coldwell Banker - Raleigh, NC

(6) Zillow if I can't find a house aerially and I need to see the street numbers (odds or evens), so I can see which side of the street to look on.

(7) Tax Records Search sites for Wake County, NC; Durham County, NC; Chatham County, NC; Jefferson County, KY. Would use more, but they are either not free or not online yet.

(8) Google maps, Yahoo maps, MSN Live maps

(9) Flood plain sites for an area. I used to use FEMA's quite a bit, but they changed something, and I haven't learned how to navigate the site as easily as I once did.

(10) Living Concepts floor plans - Architect group based in Charlotte, NC

For pure eye candy:
(1) UniqueHomes dot.com
(2) Margie Kaplan - Luxury Homes & High-Rise Condos - Houston, TX

Last edited by virgo; 04-28-2008 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Had to fix my numbering.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 PM

2,203 posts, read 8,213,359 times
Let's see . . . my favorite real estate website would be a non-generic one, i.e. one with information and/or a blog about "local" real estate trends and pertinent "local" information. It would allow me to search the local MLS without having to enter my birthdate and color of my eyes and name and address. And it would be very user friendly . . . .
Oh, wait a minute that would be my website!
(Sorry, guys, you all were plugging your websites -- I just felt the need to post, too. )

And receiving honorable mention are:
  • Yavapai County Website - very user friendly when researching specific property information for my clients
  • realtor.com - when I'm curious about real estate prices in other parts of the country
  • Money Magazine online - when I want a quick read about the latest "spin" on the national real estate market
  • New York Times online - when I want something a little more indepth
  • HGTV.com - when I'm dreaming about buying a "fixer" and making it my dream home
  • OldHouseJournal.com - I loved the forum for ideas on fixing up my old Victorian. Now that I've got a "new" house, I miss the creativity involved in restoring a historic property.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM

469 posts, read 1,320,192 times
Thank you for the new posts today. I want to give this thread a little spin now that we have gotten a list of really neat sites to play around on. So, here it goes what are the sites all you buyers out there like to go on when trying to find properties or information about the buying process? Also what is it you like about these sites? Now for any agents out there what are the sites that you have the most response on and why do you think that is?

Really looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Thank you for the new posts today. I want to give this thread a little spin now that we have gotten a list of really neat sites to play around on. So, here it goes what are the sites all you buyers out there like to go on when trying to find properties or information about the buying process? Also what is it you like about these sites? Now for any agents out there what are the sites that you have the most response on and why do you think that is?

Really looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone that responds.
Hello everyone I know there are some forum members out there that have not to this point responeded. Just trying to get everyone to participate so we can all learn. Please keep the posts comming and I would love to see answers to the above quotes questions. Thanks to all.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:49 PM

444 posts, read 1,461,058 times
carolinahome.com
zillow.com
oodle.com
lakehouse.com
hotpads.com

These are my favorites!

Dunroven

Last edited by dunroven55; 04-29-2008 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: wrong website

Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM

Thank you dunroven

Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM

69,376 posts, read 53,514,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Absolutely right!

For entertainment, maybe.
For "Research?" No chance!
Zillow actually is decent for "research", provided your researching past sales, and not estimated sales. The map and prices for past sales can be easily found. Current values, not on your life accurate, but research of sold, its pretty decent.

other then that, emailforeclosures.com

Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,122,508 times
GAMLS.com
metrobrokers.com
County Tax Assessors site
schoolmatters.com
greatschools.net

and one I check faithfully...(drumroll....)
craigslist.org

Old 04-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,122,508 times
ooh, pghquest, thank you, I am liking the emailforeclosures.com site! You rock!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:21 PM

22 posts, read 135,427 times
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed- i'm on it daily searching for land for sale in oklahoma, arkansas, texas, colorado, and new mexico.

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2011 at 06:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate