U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,972 times

Advertisements

Feeling your pain! Our house has been on the market for a month and not one single showing. We talked our Realtor into having an Open House last weekend and no one came. It is so frustrating not knowing if and when your house will sell and if and when you can move along with plans that you have set!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 AM

8,953 posts, read 20,054,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
Well, now it has been 16 days and no showings or phone calls. Yes, all 6 agents did comps, so the price is in the ballpark. Yes, it's advertised on Realtor.com, the Agents' company website (well-known name) and supposedly in the sunday papers, also flyers on the sign in the yard, and oh yes, on Craigslist! Great location, good pictures, very cute house. Three bedroom, only one bathroom though. Maybe that is what is making people stay away??
We are going to have an agent open house next week, and a 'regular' open house the first sunday in June. I'm sure hoping that will at least bring some lookers! This is getting mighty depressing
Ask your agent if the selling season slowed down or if it ever happened. We were really busy with showings the end of February, early March. At one time my agent told me that there were 9 showings one weekend and we had about 3 of those IIRC.

We were priced aggressively though. Once we lowered, if no offers came in, we dropped more within the next week to 10 days. My agent then paid for a tour, which got put up but that's it as we were negotiating with 2 couples before the photos were taken. He wasn't able to cancel the tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or