Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,106,979 times

Advertisements

I think there needs to be a 12-step program for anyone involved with real estate these days. ".....Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference......."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 06:41 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,728,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
So by my math you consider agents that show up for appointments or call to cancel doing the expected and those that don't are poor at the job. You've had 224 appointments, 200 showings vs. 24 no shows. That means by what you've stated that 88% are doing their job well. How many professions do you think have 12% that aren't pulling their weight?

I'd bet quite a few. Lets not turn this into a bashing thread. As stated earlier, now you are being defensive. You should listen to what you've been told. Be concerned about the 200 buyers that chose not to purchase your home, not the 24 that didn't show up. You need to do something different. Price, condition, or terms....
Please show me HOW I am being defensive.........

Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I have had countless realtors call to make an appointment at our house. I scrub it clean; make sure it sparkles; stage everything; buy flowers; get out of the house. Only to have them no show. It drives me insane! At least have the courtesy to call and cancel.

Do they not get...

a) the time it takes me to make sure the house sparkles?
b) the stress it causes
c) the money it costs ME at times!!
d) the time I have to be out of MY house for no reason!!
Veuvegirl,

I sincerely agree with you. I once thought used car salesmen, lawyers and politicians were the dregs of our society. After 6 weeks of having my house listed for sale and the frequent no show of agents that have made appointments, I have revised my opinion. Another Sunday afternoon and another no show. Seems real estate agents cannot afford cell phones or are simply non-caring about alerting prospective sellers that they are not coming. What a crappy profession that charges sellers 6% and do almost nothing except put signs in the yard and print flyers. Pox on them.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I have had countless realtors call to make an appointment at our house. I scrub it clean; make sure it sparkles; stage everything; buy flowers; get out of the house. Only to have them no show. It drives me insane! At least have the courtesy to call and cancel.

Do they not get...

a) the time it takes me to make sure the house sparkles?
b) the stress it causes
c) the money it costs ME at times!!
d) the time I have to be out of MY house for no reason!!
This is why I don't like to deal with realtors that often.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:38 PM

200 posts, read 561,186 times
Default Good Try Dave

If you haven't caught on yet, V-girl is looking for an agrument ...... not logic. If she was not so concerned w/ her victimhood, she would have followed Brandon's advice rather then try to "sucker" him in to an agrument. She wastes so much energy trying to "hit back" at the offending realtors.....energy better spent working to turn her 200 rejects into a purchase. I suppose I will get my own angry response....if she was my client, I would have fired her long ago......her expectations are "right on".....but her actions that of a spoiled child. Oh...V-girl.....love the broad brush approach........ your emotional maturity overwhelms me!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:14 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,179,391 times
the op last posted 5/10...this is Aug?!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
Maybe you should do it like I did after having non shows...have them confirm it a hour before the are schedulled, just like many other companies or doctor offices are doing.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:43 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accesstech View Post
Veuvegirl,

I sincerely agree with you. I once thought used car salesmen, lawyers and politicians were the dregs of our society. After 6 weeks of having my house listed for sale and the frequent no show of agents that have made appointments, I have revised my opinion. Another Sunday afternoon and another no show. Seems real estate agents cannot afford cell phones or are simply non-caring about alerting prospective sellers that they are not coming. What a crappy profession that charges sellers 6% and do almost nothing except put signs in the yard and print flyers. Pox on them.
Fliers in boxes...? Half the time the boxes are empty so they don't even fill them up!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,060,170 times
Perhaps people would be more likely to show if they felt that the houses, based on their photos, size, and descriptions, were priced more competitively? I don't know much about the workings of the real estate business, but I suspect that people are more likely to show up for what they might think of as potential hot deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate