U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 PM

45 posts, read 115,385 times

Advertisements

We just had a terrible experience with a real estate agent in St. Louis and I was wondering if there were any reputable places to rate agents so that others might be armed with more info when selecting an agent. I would hate for anyone to get stuck with this person. I know Angie's List has ratings, but I am no longer a member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM

250 posts, read 827,622 times
Hi Laura,

As a realtor in Mpls, I can give you this advice. If your agent broke your state's (or the national) regulations on realtor ethics, report them to your state or city board of Realtors.

Sarah

Old 05-22-2008, 03:43 PM

45 posts, read 115,385 times
She didn't break any laws, she was just really unprofessional and difficult, which we never would have guessed when we initially interviewed her. I found outrageousagents.com, but I am not sure how many people even know about that or use it.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:12 PM

366 posts, read 1,495,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraW View Post
She didn't break any laws, she was just really unprofessional and difficult, which we never would have guessed when we initially interviewed her. I found outrageousagents.com, but I am not sure how many people even know about that or use it.
I would call the board anyway and describe what actually happened as they might have broken the realtor code of ethics. I looked at that site, and see a few things wrong with it. First being that there are no dates of when the incidents happened, although, the site seems new this year. Second, there is no space for a realtor response, everyone deserves a defense. And last, there is nowhere that a person has to verify that they even did business with the person they are flaming. What's to stop other realtors from flaming their competition? Don't think that one that needs to be outed, wouldn't do it.

Good luck, and, as a realtor, I'm sincerely sorry you had a problem in the first place.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:40 PM

3,782 posts, read 6,007,735 times
So on the flip side, is there a place to post information on great realtors? I feel really good about the realtor who listed my house in Las Vegas (3 offers on my house in a week!) and the realtor who helped me in St. Charles area.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM

2,652 posts, read 7,272,827 times
I'm not aware of any sites to post positives about realtors. I'm not a realtor though. REFER THEM, REFER THEM, REFER THEM. That's the best advice I got.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 PM

8 posts, read 25,299 times
activerain.com and take a look =)

Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 30,435,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
So on the flip side, is there a place to post information on great realtors? I feel really good about the realtor who listed my house in Las Vegas (3 offers on my house in a week!) and the realtor who helped me in St. Charles area.

I'd be careful. Anyone who gets three offers in a week on a non-short, non REPO property in Las Vegas has lowballed it past any good cause. You think that should be rewarded?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,132,777 times
I have seen a site to rate Realtors, but I can't remeber what it was right now. Maybe if you Google it. I'm not sure how it works, if you can just add a Realtor you want to rate. I checked it out from my point of view, and they wanted me to pay a fee to let people rate me. I don't know if you feel strongly enough about this to pay to add your bad Realtor to it.

After some looking, I found it-- Rate-My-Agent.com

Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,132,777 times
Also, there is Real Estate Ratingz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate