Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times

Advertisements

Two new developments near where I live have started advertising for pre-sales of acre lots. One of them advertises that there is no time limit to build. My husband and I were thinking of purchasing the lot for investment and later selling it. Would it be difficult to sell just a lot in a development where builders will be selling lots/homes simultaneously? If we sold our lot, does the buyer then have to go through the builder to build the house as opposed to getting them custom built. Is it hard to sell this lot at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,896,556 times
Whether or not they have to use a particular builder or builders would be part of what has to be disclosed to you as a buyer.
If the lot will be worth more, that depends on the development plans, and what the restrictions are. And a heck of a lot of timing.
You need to understand your market, the area, the developement and what restrictions are/are not in place.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Personally, I would never buy a pre sale. Yes a lot of people have done well but a lot of people are also stuck. Either the place never took off, the builders went bankrupt, or the owners are being foreclosed on.

Make sure you do your research and you know what you are doing.

Lisa

Old 05-15-2008, 12:22 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Okay...it's looking more complex already. I don't want another headache down the road. Looks like a no go for me now...see, that's why I look to City-data! Who else would tell me this?

Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate