Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 9,415 times

Advertisements

The company lets it employees use fake names because some of them have been to prison for credit fraud. That way if you check out a person that called you you can not find his record.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
Yes, I've been scammed by United Property Sales company also. They will say anything to get your money and they do nothing from then on. They say that they have a 92% sales rate within the first 90 days and I'll bet all of my meager savings that if it's 1% - 5%, it's a lot. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office and have gone the gamut with the BBB so far. They were great but could go no further since this company refuses to give refunds. I would like to see them put out of business for good so others won't have to be subjected to them. And they also do not honor Do Not Call list and should be turned in to FTC for this violation also. I have, so far, spoken to at least 15 of their telemarketers and they all say something different - they are all "supervisors, managers, or vice presidents" and they sound like young kids that just say whatever they think you want to hear. They always apologize that the last person you talked to gave you misinformation & say he's now gone & I'm sure they're all still there. I can't believe that companies like this continue to operate.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,024 times
Default Setting Record Straight

Ok we are posting n this board to set the record straight.
1. We did have a issue with a ex-employee and stealing of information, which has never happened before and now the company requires background checks on all new hires.
2. We do allow the use of alternate names just like most telemarketing companies do when a person has a had to say or spell name. Sometimes names are hard to understand over the phone.
3. As for the statement about sister companies, we are in no way affiliated with any other company any where in the United States. The 2 other companies mentioned in a previous post are actually for use of a better word competition.
4. As for the comments saying we prey on the elderly this is not true, due to the nature of the buisness of marketing and advertising vacant land most land owners are older, buying the land when the economy was stronger. We deal with any person who is interested in marketing their vacant land.
5. We are not a Real Estate Company we are a Marketing and Advertising Company, all transactions are For Sale by Owner!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPropertySalesHR View Post
Ok we are posting n this board to set the record straight.
1. We did have a issue with a ex-employee and stealing of information, which has never happened before and now the company requires background checks on all new hires.
2. We do allow the use of alternate names just like most telemarketing companies do when a person has a had to say or spell name. Sometimes names are hard to understand over the phone.
3. As for the statement about sister companies, we are in no way affiliated with any other company any where in the United States. The 2 other companies mentioned in a previous post are actually for use of a better word competition.
4. As for the comments saying we prey on the elderly this is not true, due to the nature of the buisness of marketing and advertising vacant land most land owners are older, buying the land when the economy was stronger. We deal with any person who is interested in marketing their vacant land.
5. We are not a Real Estate Company we are a Marketing and Advertising Company, all transactions are For Sale by Owner!
I was personally called by your company a few times and each time they attempted to get a credit card number from me.

I asked for a contract a few times because I was curious as to what it was going to say. Of course they said they would send it but never did. They just called back later to try and get a card number.

I had no intent of going with your company since they were telling me they could get me $40,000 for a property that was worth $20,000. Obviously since I am in the business I know what the property was worth and did not need your help.

When you lie to someone telling them you have a buyer ready to pay twice what the property is worth why should a consumer believe anything else you say.

As far as implying that most vacant property is owned by elderly people, that is just another pile of bs.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM

355 posts, read 1,479,524 times
FLOL, there are actually people that fall for this BS? Jeeze, a fool and his money...

Only an idiot would throw money away UPFRONT in such a "transaction". This stinks so badly of SCAM, I can't even believe anyone in this day and age would fall for it. Just a step above a Nigerian scam, and a sign that tragically there are still plenty of greedy suckers out there. "Please to provide me with $700-$1000 up front and I will magically sell your property for 5 times what it is worth".

I do feel horrible for any elderly victims of this, of those I am sure there are plenty. And that is definitely elder abuse, no mistake about that.

And to the guy that posted above, sorry but perhaps I'm just too much of a jaded cynic, but I don't buy it either. Plenty of stories of conmen contacting fraud victims with claims they can help them get their money back, if only they provide (another) up front fee.

Shady shady shady...

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
My mother has been contacted by them. Seems that she is not alone. I tried to contact them and got "cut-off". They have no one that can speak to me but will have somebody return my call. They somehow talked her out of a credit card number. She has not signed anything but did receive their contract in the mail. I told her , under no circumstances should she sign anything from this company. I have signed her up on the National Do Not Call Registry. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM

20 posts, read 66,835 times
Default United Property Sales LLC

FYI, check this link BBB Review of United Property Sales in Dayton, OH for information about this company with the BBB of El Paso. I also learned from the Texas AG office that there have been 4 complaints lodged against this company. This is a case of BBW and always check with a local attorney or consumer protection agency in your area.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,715 times
My mother is receiving calls today from this same company, "United Properties" harrassing her for the $800 upfront marketing fee for the sale of her property in the El Paso, TX area which is supposedly being looked at by a developer. I have given her this advice. Thanks for posting to this website and I will also report to the appropriate parties.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
I used to work for this company.

Let's set a few things actually straight here, shall we?

First, referring to UnitedPropertySalesHR post.

Most of the people who worked there while I was there did not have difficult to pronounce names. And the "alternate" names that were used had no similarities. Workers were encouraged to use a false name to prevent people from looking them up, spinning the tale that they a former employee once got stalked for giving her actual name.
They also have people use an alternate name if they change positions (ie: sales rep to customer service dept to legal dept.), so that people don't realize that they're the same person.

While working there we were told that we now had a sister company in Georgia, where at least one of the owners spent 99% of the time, and we had leads and deals routing through the office in Dayton. So, sorry, but this is just a blatant lie.

Second referring to the BBB listing.

The name listed as the VP of Sales is also a false name.

It lists that there are 67 employees, I'd never seen or heard of 30 people on staff, much less 67.

The most common retort when they are contacted about their abysmal score is that the customer should be worried if the score is good, because that means no one checks up on them at all.

Third referring to personal experiences.

- Upon asking what was allowed in a sales pitch, employees were told the only thing they could not say was "We have an actual buyer." Other than that they could make up anything on the spot, up to and including that an Olympic Training facility was being built in the area making it an investment hot spot.
-- On this same note, people who did sign up to be clients had to verify the sale on a recorded line where it was outlined for them the terms and conditions. on more than one occasion, the recordings were stopped because the "client" was under the impression that there WAS a buyer, that's what the sales rep had told them. They were then told, off record, that the verification was just for legal reasons, and advised to answer yes to all questions so that we could get the property sold right away.

- Paycheck amounts would vary as ashbea stated previously. But it was always blamed on commission differences. however taking a closer look at the paystubs, there are several discrepancies in the tax withholdings, and the percentage differs weekly.

- If a potential customer asks for information, you may either fax or email them a "copy" of the welcome letter and a blank watermarked "contract" which is basically just the sign up sheet and explanation about the 60-90 day guarantee (which states that if it's not sold in that time frame, they will continue to market your land at their own expense, with no extra cost to the client. But DOES NOT offer a refund of any kind. In fact after 10 days, the client is no longer eligible for a refund per the agreement they made when signing the contract.)

-A pretty good example of the in-office behavior of the "VP of Sales", there are two youtube videos of the crew in the lobby. If you search "Roger at the F Pad" you will find them.

Just thought I'd clear some things up.

Last edited by angel937; 03-02-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon08 View Post
Has anyone been contacted by a company named United Property Sales, that offers to market your land for a set fee of between $500-$700? A high-pressure salesman has been repeatedly contacting my elderly parents with news of “interested buyers” willing to pay over $20,000 for undeveloped desert land located in the Rio Del Oro subdivision near Belen, NM. The company won’t send any information until you agree to pay their $500+ fee (via credit card). I’ve warned my parents away from the company, but the guy keeps calling. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Hi, I have been contacted by a Desmond Weaver from United Property Sales three weeks ago telling me that he has a buyer for our 2.35 vacant acres in Golden Valley Ranchos, and that they are willing to pay between $63,000 and $69,000. I told him I would call him back, thinking surely this was a farce. It got the better of me and was going to question him so I called, but the number he gave me 866-851-1983 is not a working number! I knew it was too good to be true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate