U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Sell my house: real estate agent, custom home, realtor, attorneys.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 PM

2,766 posts, read 4,890,853 times

Advertisements

It wouldn't have been so bad had I not gone to the GYN a few weeks back and had an abnormal pap. Here my buyers are on their honeymoon, no contact, the grandfather/agent was making decisions for them then they get back and change their minds on things he ok'd. I had to put off a double biopsy due to that. Not knowing if we'd close was horrible and now I'm kicking myself because I was not able to do it all and get the biopsies. I have it scheduled for tomorrow & if it is cancerous I'm going to be one ticked off person because I waited a month from the time I saw him until I'm having it done. I was not able to think straight with all of that going on.Quote.>>>>

Roselvr
I hope all is fine tomorrow. I hate what this real estate market is doing to all of us. Just remember our life is not a dress rehearsal
we have to get it right the first time.. Take care of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 9,141,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yes. The movers were still taking stuff out when hubby left for closing. The electric company had just come and read the meter. I got the vac out and was going to continue where hubby left off & had no power. My agent called (I assumed to find out where hubby was cause he was late) I told him I couldn't vac one last time cause the power was shut off. He was like "Oh my, have to tell the buyer".. When hubby got there the buyer was pissed cause it was off and now they couldn't move in because they didn't think to transfer it. From what hubby said he made a stink about it.

We'd gotten a phone call after business close on the Friday before Memorial weekend that they changed their minds again about the inspection fixes. Whjen my mover came Tuesday morning the day after Memorial day we still had no clue if we were even closing. Thankfully the title company wrote it in the paperwork and they had to accept it or something to that effect.

Funny our agent said they were easy. We didn't think so.

Click on my settings, then click on edit options.. scroll and look for Messaging & Notification - it says receive email- I have all 3 checked, then below it Default Thread Subscription Mode, I have it set to instant email notification

Hopefully you are next!

It wouldn't have been so bad had I not gone to the GYN a few weeks back and had an abnormal pap. Here my buyers are on their honeymoon, no contact, the grandfather/agent was making decisions for them then they get back and change their minds on things he ok'd. I had to put off a double biopsy due to that. Not knowing if we'd close was horrible and now I'm kicking myself because I was not able to do it all and get the biopsies. I have it scheduled for tomorrow & if it is cancerous I'm going to be one ticked off person because I waited a month from the time I saw him until I'm having it done. I was not able to think straight with all of that going on.

Don't wait until it expires to interview the agents. If any tell you it is unethical, tell them that you are not happy and are interviewing agents and if they'd still like to meet with you, you'd be happy to see them.

That was what we did. You can't believe how much stuff you need from storage once it goes in there. lol

The 1st thing I did was packed my Barbie collection as well as anything else that couldn't be replaced. I left my CD's out, most people don't but I don't have anything that couldn't be replaced. Plus being on the market for 9 months.. well, I'm not going to be without music if the mood strikes.

I ended up at Marshalls & Ross. They have some pretty nice decorative boxes. They were great to stash stuff in. If you want to make it harder, you get a few sets and stash only in the smallest box which can go inside 2 other boxes to make it harder for thiefs.

Jewelry & my medications went in my car. My daughter has a bed with drawers, I used to take the drawers out and stash behind them or used to take the bottom drawer out of a dresser & stash there.

Now you take care of yourself, it's not worth your health. Let us know how it goes, feel free to DM us...

I never thought about taking my meds out of the house...hopefully no one is desperate for hormones! I am going to put them in a ziplock so I can grab them. Other than that, all the collectibles that are valuable are packed up, nothing here that I would really miss. Well, I have a few teapots on the bookcase, but i am not worried about those.

Let us know how it goes and take care of yourself!!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:14 AM

9,280 posts, read 20,330,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Roselvr
I hope all is fine tomorrow. I hate what this real estate market is doing to all of us. Just remember our life is not a dress rehearsal
we have to get it right the first time.. Take care of yourself.
Thanks. Things were so crazy that I couldn't think straight. After being on the market 9 months, then starting to pack, you just want to get on with your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Now you take care of yourself, it's not worth your health. Let us know how it goes, feel free to DM us...

I never thought about taking my meds out of the house...hopefully no one is desperate for hormones! I am going to put them in a ziplock so I can grab them. Other than that, all the collectibles that are valuable are packed up, nothing here that I would really miss. Well, I have a few teapots on the bookcase, but i am not worried about those.

Let us know how it goes and take care of yourself!!
Thanks Barb.

I'm on heavy meds for my back. We also have Tylenol PM in the house, so that went as well. On one forum I go to, someone posted about an open house and the family going outside with the agent, then the kids had to use the potty. The agent & parents continued outside, the kids ran to the master bedroom to raid the dressers.

You also don't know if someone is casing your house to rob it, pretending to be buyers. Leaving a few things out is fine but get rid of anything that screams collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or