Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Sell my house: real estate agent, custom home, realtor, attorneys.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,386 times

Advertisements

I don't get it either. What has your feedback been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Buyers walk in and they either love your house or they don't. I had the same issues. People would come to my house, and then go to other houses, which IMO needed more work, not as large and buy the other houses!!

The house around the corner from us on a busy street priced $100,000 more AND a small yard sold before ours. Another house on the same busy street priced $50,000 more than ours with a small yard and faux painting sold quicker.

My agent and I were both stunned. Anywho; say a prayer we are in attorney review now...

Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 AM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times
Would you like to post some pictures here of the inside, outside and street views of your house?
Good luck to you

Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
I thnk at this point you should go see your competition- It will make you feel better or give you some ideas. I am sure they went to see your home if they listed after you. I constantly monitored the market (and I definitely think that although this board helped me, it also stresses me out more than I need to be) and we had 3 of the homes that I toured go under contract before mine. Our neighbor's home across the street was also on the market for close to a year. It would stress me too- one of the homes I looked at was NEW (ours is 3 yrs old) and had some neat features but it was on a tiny lot, no yard whatsoever and priced almost 200K higher. Well, it was from a builder, I knew it went under contract but I was just baffled that it went before ours with a yard 4x as big, double lot, etc etc. Who knows what motivates people?

We just got through the inspection, fixed everything they asked for (even dumb stuff like "powder room fan was noicy, caulking,etc) and now the big hurdle next week is loan commitment. I feel like I can breathe then but still not completely until we close. I have never felt this way- like waiting for the other shoe to drop and scared. THis is our 4th home to sell and I don't want to do it again for a LONG time!

good luck dogmom- you are priced right. I do think taking if off for a couple weeks is a good thing but use that time to really analyze your competition and look at solds.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Thank you everyone for the time involved in giving me feedback. To be honest, not a lot of homes are selling anywhere here, I have not been in any of the competitive homes, according to the list our agent gave us..there are about 4 or 5, square foot wise, lot wise, style wise. we have a view, the others are in an area of Green Spring (our development) called Silverstone..flat streets, no view unless you are on the golf course, then those homes are 600,000+ so that is not our competition..our development is called Green Spring Heights for a reason, we have a view.

Hubby and I and agent believe we are in the correct price point, like I said not many solds, but the solds I have a list of for comp homes are in the 450-500 range, they closed in the last 3 or 4 months. We are at 439,000.

I know some of you have seen the pictures, but here they are again...keep in mind these are my pictures, not the agent pictures. He is leaving on a week vacation but when he gets back I am going to have him re do the pictures he took last fall, although they were fine, we have decluttered and model-ed it up since then..

Of course, the house is not perfect for everyone...we get great feedback, beautiful, love it, extremely clean, etc...i have a feeling there are a lot of tire kickers out there, and we have had our share of buyers who have a home to sell first. I hope they all sell their homes and then I will have more offers than I can handle, haha

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/House%20for%20sale/Canonpics603.jpghttp:// (broken link)

Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 AM

786 posts, read 3,925,153 times
Beautiful home dogmom! If it was where we are moving to I would buy it!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:50 AM

739 posts, read 2,949,169 times
dogmom- the one that your buyers put an offer on, now UC- can you go see that one with the faux painting?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 AM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Where are you located?

What city?

I love dogs.

Beautiful home.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
I could buy that home without even seeing it. It's just beautiful. It just takes the right buyer to come along. OK, so, where are all you buyers? This is supposed to be a buyer's market!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
DogMom-what a beautiful home and that's before staging??????? Just gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate