U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,457 times
Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider's for Real estate DO NOT have to pay fee's in order for the endorsement. The Ramsey team is awesome they check out every agent they Endorse & they have to meet Dave's stricked qualifications. The only time a Real Estate ELP pays the Team is when they close a referral and its a small amount. So many people are so quick to judge but did you know that Ramsey has an great business and employs over 300 people! Dave loves paying his people well and running a expensive efficient website to get the message of HOPE out! If the agents didnt pay a small fee the team and website would not exist! Lean business people!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 02:02 PM

6,032 posts, read 10,944,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVeLiFe45 View Post
they check out every agent they Endorse & they have to meet Dave's stricked qualifications. The only time a Real Estate ELP pays the Team is when they close a referral and its a small amount.
Well they didn't check me out at all. No references required, nothing.

The referral fee is 25% of the gross amount of whichever side one represents which is fairly standard in the real estate business.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:21 PM

19,240 posts, read 29,636,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post

The referral fee is 25% of the gross amount of whichever side one represents which is fairly standard in the real estate business.
Meh...
They called me about you.
I rattled off a few whoppers and they figured you'd be good enough.

Yer welcome.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:14 PM

10,799 posts, read 17,758,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post

Man...they let anyone in. Didn't they see your profile picture?

I know an agent that was just accepted and she said it was a long process. Maybe they changed the process since you were accepted?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:46 PM

6,032 posts, read 10,944,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Meh...
They called me about you.
I rattled off a few whoppers and they figured you'd be good enough.

Yer welcome.
Quote:
Man...they let anyone in. Didn't they see your profile picture?

I know an agent that was just accepted and she said it was a long process. Maybe they changed the process since you were accepted?
I've got a lot of friends.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,695 times
I am an ELP (real estate agent) and I only pay a 28% referral fee to Dave Ramsey if the transaction closes. Also, there is an interview process that I had to go through in order to become an ELP.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,727 times
I have been a Dave Ramsey Tax ELP for 1 year. The ELP related part of my practice is relatively small. I am a CPA and Certified Financial Planner in business almost 30 years. I pay Dave Ramsey $ 250/mo during tax season and $ 125./mo. the other 8 months and DR sends me the contact information when people inquire about an ELP in my area. I go out of my way to help everyone whether they turn into a paying client or not. The ELP program is probably like everything else. It's good, but keep your eyes open and if something does not seem right just say "No Thank You".

Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,174,456 times
First let me say that I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan. I had a mixed experience with the whole real estate ELP thing. I was thinking of getting a new listing agent and contacted the 2 ELP's in my city. One was very very helpful and didn't try any hard-sell techniques. If I hadn't decided to retain my agent, I would have gone with him. The other seemed like he just wanted to sell houses as fast as possible by pricing them much lower than they should be. He wasn't interested in listing my place unless I dropped the price way below any other comps. I ended up selling for about $30,000 more than he said I should.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 AM

3,065 posts, read 2,780,734 times
Although Dave Ramsey is great, and I advocate everyone listen to his radio program and follow his absolutely first rate financial advice, I would not jump on the ELP bandwagon. Most good agents are not going to hand over 30% of their commission for what is basically a lead generation service.

Also keep in mind that there is a religious aspect to this. I do not think you can become an ELP without passing a "Christian" screening litmus test.

Choose your agent on his or her individual qualifications and specific marketing plan or buyer plan. Not on affiliation with a paid endorsement.

If you hire a Dave Ramsey ELP, you are not getting Dave Ramsey or his organization. You are getting someone who paid Dave money to ride on his very popular coattails.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 PM

14,716 posts, read 16,896,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Although Dave Ramsey is great, and I advocate everyone listen to his radio program and follow his absolutely first rate financial advice, I would not jump on the ELP bandwagon. Most good agents are not going to hand over 30% of their commission for what is basically a lead generation service.

Also keep in mind that there is a religious aspect to this. I do not think you can become an ELP without passing a "Christian" screening litmus test.

Choose your agent on his or her individual qualifications and specific marketing plan or buyer plan. Not on affiliation with a paid endorsement.

If you hire a Dave Ramsey ELP, you are not getting Dave Ramsey or his organization. You are getting someone who paid Dave money to ride on his very popular coattails.
This is partially true. As a former real estate agent, and a big DR fan, I looked into being an ELP and the qualifications were pretty stiff. You have to demonstrate some pretty sound proficiency in your chosen field to be accepted. You must also provide personal and professional references in addition to quite a few other documents and you must sign an agreement that says you will abide by the Ramsey philosophy.

Dave takes his recommendations very seriously. He has a very good reputation to uphold and he is not going to let someone tarnish it. Dave has a lot of money and he got there by, more than anything else, being truthful, honorable and people TRUSTING HIM and his recommendations.

Not only that, if you had a problem with an ELP and reported it to the Ramsey people, you can bet he/she would be investigated by them and have their ELP status yanked if they did anything contrary to his philosophy. Yes, it is heavily Christian/biblical in nature, but that is part of the deal. YOU don't have to be a Christian or believer to benefit from the advice and expertise.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate